586,106 active members*
3,134 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Syil Products > Small RC Boat part on X4+

Small RC Boat part on X4+

Here is a small RC Boat part I made on the X4. The part was designed in Solidworks and the CAD was done in VCarve.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rudder arm.jpg   VCarve-Rudder-Arm.JPG   DSC01743.JPG   DSC01745.JPG  

Hi John,
    It looks good! Did you ever get that other rudder part made that you had asked about doing the profile with Dolphin DAD/CAM a while back? Thanks for posting the pictures.
    Regards,
    Regards,
    Wes

I haven't tried that part yet, put I don't see any problems in getting it done in Cut3D or VCarve.

I didn't have a very good experience with Dolphin CAD/CAM. What a waste of money that was.

How was Dolphin a waste of money? It seems as though if you wasted money on it, it's no one's fault except yours. Before I bought dolphin, I fully and thoroughly tested out the demo. At work, we use Surfcam. We would never just buy something hoping for good results.

Well I had corresponded with the salesman prior to the purchase. One of the issues I had was the availability of training materials and support. I made a comparison to the BobCAD training videos.

I was given an assurance that, and I quote "We do not actually have a video professor series. To be quite honest, we create individual videos for our customers in regards to what you are specifically doing. You wont have to watch hours of a video of features that you will never use. We focus more 1 on 1 with you."

Great stuff I thought. No sooner had I paid and I asked my first problem and I received "did you plan to pick up one of our support packages?" (as in pay an additional fee for support). So my first and only question remained unanswered as I refused to pay for support when I was promised it for free.

There endth my experience with Dolphin CAD/CAM which was a total waste of money. I guess it was my fault for believing the salesman.