586,724 active members*
3,672 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Swiss Lathes

Swiss Lathes

Will M/C work with Star SV's & Citizen Swiss style multi-axis lathes? I heard they are suppose to be coming out with this feature. Has anyone used it on these machines yet. If so, are the posts any good? I use Partmaker now & don't like it at all. I would rather go with a software that I know. I've programmed mills for 8 years with M/C & now i'm working with Swiss style lathes at a shop that doesn't have M/C. Should I push for M/C or stick with Partmaker? Any Swiss guys out there with insight on M/C would be helpful. Thanks

it has not release to the public yet so you wont find an answer. I have seen it and looking forward to it coming out.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Dear Sid,

I must admit, I have never posted to one of these sorts of forums before.

One of my colleagues forwarded me the post you wrote, and thus I felt compelled to respond. I hope I am not violating some sort on-line code of conduct.

As one of the founders of PartMaker, I make it my business to try to make sure every person who uses PartMaker software is happy with the product and service they receive from us.

That said, I can understand your position given the amount of experience you've had with the other CAM system in question.

I would be very interested to speak with you regarding your concerns about PartMaker vis-a-vis your experience with others systems in the past. Of course the dialog can could be conducted outside of this forum if you wish.

You can reach me direct toll free at 888-270-6878 x 204 or via email [email protected]

Thank you for attention.

Sincerely,

Hanan Fishman
    President
    PartMaker Inc

Mr Fishman, I do have to say that for you to take your time to respond to the question is above and beyond the normal. thank you for taking your time.

I am going to suggest as this is in regards to Partmaker that you might want to handle this off the Mastercam forum and on the Partmaker forum we have here on CNCZone or off line.

Sidswiss, as a Cad-cam dealer, I highly suggest you take the time to speak with Mr. Fishman.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .