I'm running a Bridgeport Series II Interact 4 and have had this problem off and on over the past year. Sometimes I can't even get the ready lite and then sometimes it comes on and I can start the machine , but during a cycle run the machine spindle will shut down. this has the Contraves controller, which from what I understand will shut the spindle down if it see a fluctuation in the voltage for more than a few seconds. I have had the spindle DC motor rebuilt and have upgraded the phase converter from a 3 HP to a used 15HP which was with the machine. I also upgraded my electrical service to 200 amp and the machine has been running very good since doing that in march of this year. When I did the electrical upgrade the guy from the electric company stated that the power in my area was pretty bad and flucuate quite a bit.

Now my question: since about the end of May the machine started acting up again with the same problem. I can upgrade to real 3 phase power and this will cost close to $1000 or I can purchase a Temco 11 KW rotary phase converter for about $1050 + shipping. My spindle requir4es at least 8.8KW as it is a 7HP motor. Need options on the best way to proceed. Real or a good phase converter that will regulate the voltage.

Thanks,

Ben