586,080 active members*
3,485 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

"wrong program data" when file transfer????

BP II interact 4, TNC 150

My old desktop died this morning, had all my transfer software on it. I set up my laptop and I already had a usb/serial connector on standby. Installed fine, I am uploading to the 150, but when it finishes uploading I get the "wrong program data" alarm. I can hit "exit" then "no enter" and when I look at the program that I just transferred, it is all there, every single character.

I could just keep doing that, but I would rather do it right, like I used to. I am using a new software, "predator dnc". I used to have to put a "13" at program head, and a "13" at the end of the last line. I have tried that and tried switching the last "13" for a "3" on the last line by itself. Still same alarm, still get all my program. Any help is appreciated.

re

Not uncommon. The program is probably putting a spurious character at the end of the program. Should be a setting for it. Unfortunately I don't know what the right thing is.....

How does your new software send control characters to the machine? The numbers would most likely be associated with ASCII values and there are only probably a half dozen that get any usage. Check here: http://www.asciitable.com/

Perhaps try a simple program download to your PC and see if you can catch the correct characters that way. I suspect it is looking for a particular termination character, but the way that this is encoded into the DNC software could vary from program to program. For example, some programs use @003, others use ~003 to represent ASCII 003.
    First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)