586,115 active members*
3,372 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Daewoo Puma 8 PWE issue

Hello all, we just recently purchased a Daewoo puma 8 with a Fanuc Ot control, we have it hooked up and fired up the machine, but the not ready signal is continually on, I have tried to reset it and clear estop but to no avail,
    (started the machine using Reset & delete buttons) this is the alarms I am getting.
    100 pwe
    417 servo x
    427 servo z

I went to the parameter settings and noticed the PWE was set to 1, I am currently trying to reset this to "0" however it will not let me because the machine is "not ready".

Thanks John

While the PWE = 1 you will get a 'Not Ready'.
    Can you reset to 0 on the SETTING screen, if it goes to 0, power down then up again.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

thats just it, I can not reset the value to "0"
    is there any way around this?

Should restart the machine holding the Cancel and P buttons. Did you loose all your parameters? Holding Cancel and Delete will clear all programs and parameters. Don't know about holding the Reset and Delete key, and definitely have no desire to learn.

I don't think i lost all of my parameters, on the 1st settings page and the second there is nothing other then the PWE is set to 1 on the second page and there is other information in the other parameter pages.

I tried the cancel "p" buttons and i still have not got any further with this.

Your initial post says "(started the machine using Reset & delete buttons)". If this is true, you definitely lost the parameters on the machine. Powering on the control while holding "reset" & "delete" initializes memory on Fanuc 0T controls.
    Furthermore, ALM 417 & 427 indicate that digital servo parameter settings are gone. Please locate the original parameter listing and PMC data settings for the machine. If you can not locate them, please contact your local sales rep or Daewoo/Doosan.
    The reason you can not set PWE to 0 is control does not recognize what MODE it is in since the parameters are gone. You will need to push in emergency stop. This is default the mode to MDI. Also make sure program protect key is off. On some Daewoo machines, you have to disconnect M1 connector off the I/O pcb on Fanuc control before it will let you change parameters if the memory is wiped out.