586,096 active members*
3,779 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Aluminium parts

I need a few pieces done at this time (2x). I also want the person to do more pieces in the next 5 weeks. The pieces i need now is for my X axis.

The pieces i need is the blue part in picture nr.1 (x2). Dimensions you will find in picture nr.3 (or in the layout.pdf). The thickness of the piece can be between 20mm - 25,4mm.

Cheers
    Jan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Picture 1.jpg   03082008129.jpg   Picture 3.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

*done*

Just a quick thought. You might want to add some tolerances on the drawing

That is probably a good idea. I just have to admit that this is my first mechanical drawing ever. I have no skills in this area what so ever.

In the center hole a 20mm ballscrew is going through. So 1" is giving me enough space to work with.

I have been reading alot 'bout geometric tolerances the last hours, but i have still nothing to come up with. So please anyone that answering this quote, give me a hint about the accuracy you can do...

This might look a bit amateur-ish. And yes it is

Forresten Guldberg: Er dette noe du kan gjøre?

Hi
    will be glad to help manufacture oneoff parts in Alu.. have the setup and worked extensively on alu... if you need help .
    [email protected] ; [email protected]

How is this part attached to the extrusion and bearing blocks? In some ways this may determine what kind of tolerance you need on the parts in terms of precision fit-up.

I can't remember the metric equivilants at the moment but +/- .005" and +/-.001" are pretty standard for tolerances. Of course there are things like +0.0"/-.001" etc. A sheet of paper is about .003" just for reference. The more precise tolerancing you need the more expensive it will be.

My plan is to drill/tap some holes in the manufactured part. Then screw it together with some M4 & M6 screws.

Okey, i guess the tolerance im going for should be about +/- .01 mm then (roughly .005").

Thanks for the info Dahui! That did help me out alot...

Jeg har udstyret men ikke materialerne eller tiden:-)

0.01mm is pretty close tolerances. Do you really need that? As far as i can see you need to screw the two linear bearings into the top of the part, and the part itself to the bracket at the bottom. The only critical tolerance then, is the width of the part on the top.

.005" is roughly 0.13mm by the way :-)

PM sent with pricing

Quote Originally Posted by Guldberg View Post
    Jeg har udstyret men ikke materialerne eller tiden:-)
    Haha, greit det. Skjønner at dette ikke er ett stort oppdrag som hvem som helst tar på seg heller

0.01mm is pretty close tolerances. Do you really need that? As far as i can see you need to screw the two linear bearings into the top of the part, and the part itself to the bracket at the bottom. The only critical tolerance then, is the width of the part on the top.
    To be hounest i dont know what i need. I just took his friendly advise and went along with it. And i really dont know the accuracy of "normal", mid-range & high end cnc mills. But i would like to know tho...

.005" is roughly 0.13mm by the way :-)
    Haha

I got somebody to do the parts for me. So thanks for the offers everyone