586,043 active members*
3,747 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

SCM Record 2 NUM 750

Hi, I have just purchased a SCM Record 2 . I am having difficulty in sending a file from my PC through software package Editcnc. There is no problem with the cable as it has been copied from the original.I am unsure of what the baud rate, parity and stop bits and data bits set up should be. If anyone can shed some light I would be very appreciative.
    Many thanks
    Chris.

hi mate,

Try this

Baud rate: 9600
    Parity: even
    Stop bits: 2
    Data bits: 7

I think this is the same as routomat 2's but the guy i spoke to said they should work.

rich.

You can try slower baud rate. And verify if your baud rate, parity, stop bits and data bits match the cnc controler.

I have the same problem on my Routron, at 600 baud everything is ok. At higher speed, i can only transfer small program.

Yan

Thanks richpsr and yanjue for your suggestions. Unfortunately neither of these options worked. I have trial and errored many combinations but without success. Wiil keep on trying. Thanks again.

Thanks for your help guys, just sorted the problem out. Only took the whole afternoon but got there in the end.
    Cheers.

what was up with it? (if you dont mind me asking)

I had to change the baud rate to 4800, data bits to 7, stop bits to 1 and parity to even. That hasn't solved my problems though as I've recently found out. I am able to send the file to the controller bit it is not recognising the end program block which literally is just a square. At a bit of a loss at the moment.

it is not recognising the end program block which literally is just a square
    The square is your computer's way of displaying a control character which is outside of the printable range (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASCII#A...rol_characters)

There are several different ASCII values that will all display as a square, but they are not identical, and your CNC will be expecting the correct one (or a combination of them).

Usually the same code that the CNC sends out is also the one it is expecting back, I don't know anything specific about your SCM but suggest trying #4 (end of tape) or #0 (nul)

Does EditCNC have any feature that helps you to identify this character? and does it have a configuration option to append a special sequence to the end of the programs you send?

I can give some suggestions based on an SCM Routomat with a NUM 750 control. I use CNCDisk 2.0 for data transfer and I can't say where you would be able to get it or how much it costs. Contact me about screen shots or any other information that may be helpful if interested. The biggest problem I've had was that the controller works only in "ISO" mode vs. "Binary" mode. My software does not require data bit, stop bit, or parity settings, so it must have those preset to work with this control. It only gives the option for baud rate (which I keep at 9600), ISO vs. Binary, and Port (com1 or com2). It is 100% reliable for transferring files both to and from the NUM 750 control. Let me know if you need more information about it.

Another factor is that the NUM 750 seems to have a single file limit of around 32kb, so it is possible that this is affecting your ability to transfer the file. I can't say that that is the case for all NUM 750s, but it is my experience. If the file is greater than 32kb, the control just stalls on the download and requires a reset to bring it back online. So long as the file is less than about 32kb, it always downloads fine and in the case of the SCM Routomat, results in a click in the pneumatic system that seems to acknowledge the completion of the download. For programs in excess of 32kb, I split the files up and use a goto command to send the controller to the next portion of the program in a separate file. There are a couple of ways to do this, so refer to your NUM 750 programming manual. This allows me to use the full 200kb (roughly) of memory available. For redundant data, I often utilize incremental programing and use a sub program multiple times to save space.

Also, at the end of my files I have only added M02 and XOFF. Works for me just fine and the XOFF seems to only be necessary for drip feeding, though most SCMs with NUM 750/760 controls are not equipped for drip feeding anyways.

NUM 750 cnc utility files

Hi!

I have a NUM 750 cnc machine. The machine's battery went flat, and the utility in the memory is gone. I can reset the machine, and the basic program works, but it says: "NO UTILITY FILES LOADED".

Does anybody have the utility files for that machine?

Gabriel

Need help with an CNC NUM 750

Quote Originally Posted by IICRISTIAN View Post
    Need help with an CNC NUM 750
    What help do you need?

Hi there...
    I also work on one NUM 750, but I refit it with some stepper motors and a computer with Windows and MACH 3.
    What I want to ask you, is that does any one of you can send me the scematic of this machine?

Quote Originally Posted by sz___g View Post
    Hi!

I have a NUM 750 cnc machine. The machine's battery went flat, and the utility in the memory is gone. I can reset the machine, and the basic program works, but it says: "NO UTILITY FILES LOADED".

Does anybody have the utility files for that machine?

Gabriel
    Hi, if it will be helpfull for you..... I find this on the net... http://www.num-usa.com/EN_Tips/INTRE...up_Restore.pdf

hello
    The company i work for has an old SCM record 1. They left the machine off for over a year as they are using a newer machine. Unfortunately when we turned the machine on, all the parameters and machine data is missing due to the batteries losing their charge.
    I would love to get a copy of the software so we can get the machine working.
    Num 720 CNC controller
    THX

TNC 155 + NUM 750T

Hi community:
    I need your help.
    I have problems while I am repairing two 2nd hand machines: one is a FP 600 CNC milling machine with Heidenhein TNC 155 control and the other is a SONIM TP10 lathe with NUM 750 control.
    The TNC 155 screen show a PC: 04 alarm and it doesn't reference and no further movement is possible.
    The NUM 750 spindle only rotates over 1000 rpm and when it rotates under 1000 the spindle just rotates for a few seconds and it stops.
    I'll appreciate your help.

Hi guys, can you please look at this thread? I have a NUM 750 as well and it has just started to go haywire.

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/contro...num_750_a.html

I have same files you cant try it, but for my machine something is wrong.
    Give me your email and i send you all utility files what i have

Please help my NUM 750 on BP Week 05 machine in manual mode works with 4% of the movement can be key to further accelerate the movement but when I switch on automatically then the movement of 0% and will not even go to a reference point off alarms include beetroot start bright green light flash on the screen REF ACTIVE START PROGRAM 9998% BUT MACHINE STOP