Hi All,

I've got some questions for anyone out there that has experience with TurboCAD with the CAM plugin. I have TurboCad v15.1 with the CAM plugin v3.5. I have a thermwood M45 router thats going to hit the shop floor in a month.

My question:

Lets say that I have created a part in turbocad that is a table top with various pockets, holes, and contoured edges. Is there a means in the software for me to just specify the tools that I have available and just press a button that generates the milling procedures and paths automatically based on those tools, or do I have to manually specify the procedures?

If I'm stuck with manually specifying the procedures then what software do you guys recommend that is the most painless for transitioning from a turbocad drawing to g-code that can be interpreted by the CNC router? I may be stuck with TurboCAD CAM for awhile if the cost is too steep for other options.

I apologize if I sound frustrated, I was just surprised at the complexity of steps involved in producing the g-code when I've drawn the part already! If I already have a fully completed part sitting on my screen, then shouldn't the CAM software do the rest? I can understand the necessity to specify the size of the stock and the origins but the rest I would like to be handled by a CAM package.

Thanks all in advance for any input you may have. If this is something that I just have to live with then let me know!

Nate