586,096 active members*
3,598 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > WILL V9 WORK WITH WINDOWS VISTA

WILL V9 WORK WITH WINDOWS VISTA

HI ALL,I AM USING MCAM V9 WITH WINDOWS XP.LOOKING TO UPGRADE TO A COMPUTER WITH WINDOWS VISTA OPERATING SYSTEM.
    WILL V9 WORK IN VISTA?

Yes, as a guy is running it here at this local shop and runs ok. I still suggest XP more stable.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

I tried mc9 with vista... and it didn't work

Groovy, it seems to to not work all the time. What version of V9 and make sure it's not x64 version.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Vista = "Incompatible with Everything" <------seems to be a popular opinion.

Maybe 200 patches, hotfixes, and updates later, we will have better luck.

I had Dell build me a custom system specifically for Mastercam. XP sp2 installed.
    Vista is still in the box. There it will stay.
    I have much confidence in Mastercam, but not so much for Microsoft.

Case in point. If I have problems with Mastercam I can pick up the phone and call my dealer and problem solved. Try getting real help when you have a problem with Vista. Need I say more?

I agree that to be sure stay with XP for now. I know that X3 runs well in Vista. But on the teach support side for me . stay on the XP as long we can till Microsoft fixs the issues at hand for Cad-cam users.
    Cadcam

Advertizing, Advertizing, Advertizing, Advertizing,........... fix Vista,.......... Advertizing, Advertizing, Advertizing...............did you see the new Mac commercial ???? HA-HA-HA

Quote Originally Posted by cadcam View Post
    I agree that to be sure stay with XP for now. I know that X3 runs well in Vista. But on the teach support side for me . stay on the XP as long we can till Microsoft fixs the issues at hand for Cad-cam users.
    I'm with you cadcam. Vista is not in my future until absolutely necessary.

Vista as far as I know is a disaster.
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com