586,080 active members*
3,667 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Baumuller spindle drive problem

I have a Cnc lathe with a Baumuller Spindle drive BKF12-2000. They have a pdf file of the manual at baumuller.com. If I command a spindle speed the relay clicks and the spindle turns very very slow(less then 1 rpm). I have been testing board 3.8110(page 17 in the manual). I have 345volts at ak1 ak3 ak5. I do not have voltage at KM outputs. I also have voltage at 6-5 terminals for field current. So I was wondering if maybe the bridge rectifier is bad? So AC power enters ak1-ak5, Maybe there is a bad diode in the rectifier? There is nothing in between AK1-AK5 and the rectifier right? No switches between mains in and output of the rectifier? Can anyone explain this power unit to me? Any help would be great. Please let me know what you think. Thank you

Bridge made of scr's

I was talking to a repair guy at work and showed him the manual for the spindle drive. He stated that the bridge rectifier is made with scr's and they need to be controlled by something else. Just and update. Thank you for looking. Post any ideas please

No analog signal

I have done more testing and reviewed prints. I have discovered that I do not have the analog signal coming from the control. I looked at the ladder in the control and the spindle enable signal is at 0. This signal controls a relay that is not being fired. I get no faults or errors at the control. I also checked the 10 volts analog signal at the control and I am not seeing it. So the control must not be enabling the spindle drive. The control is a Fanuc 3Tc with seimens axis drives. Please let me know what you think.

If you have both enable and analogue missing, It would appear to be controller related rather than hardware defect, as I would have expected one or the other, unlikely they would fail at the same time.
    If you MDI a Sxxxx M3, does this complete or hang up?
    Also, do you have the maintenance manual as there are a few diagnostic bits to look in one is NC status Diag 700 etc
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Control problems

The control complete a Sxxx M03 command and activates the spindle drive( relays clicking). The spindle just turns very very slow. What should I look at next? I do have the manuals along with the diagnostic sheets. Thank you for your help.

Spindle drive enable function

I was wondering what could cause the Control not to enable the drive. I have looked at the diagnostics sheets and in the control and there is an enb switch in the ladder. It stays at 0. Does anyone know if this needs to be a 1 or 0? This controls a 24 volt relay.

If the control turns slowly, I would think it is enabled?
    You mentioned the analogue was missing also, which is so would result in zero speed.
    Normally the spindle would output a up-to-speed signal to the control, this is usually used to complete the M3/M4 code, otherwise it would hand up. This is assuming that it conforms to the normal method of spindle interfacing.
    You could issue the M3 and replace the analogue input with a battery box, this is a 9v battery with a 5k~10k pot across the battery, using one end and the centre slider to input the analogue voltage, increasing it slowly should vary the spindle speed, this would confirm the drive is OK.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Ideas of Al The Man are preaty good. Also , what about indication at LED's . RF and RS are foer enable, MR1 and MR2 for direction, BB - ready etc. BS indicate fault conditions.

boot problem now

I have a boot problem now. I have turned the control on and off so much that now I have a boot problem. It displays a s shaped thing all across the screen. Anyone know what this is? Any help.

It is probably problem with monitor only

Dear all .. i have a problem in wiring the Baumüller BKF12/70/400-2001 DC spindle drive.. do any one have this wiring Diagram ??

Problems converter BKF12

Hello,
    I BKF12 converter to work. Converter error is 2. (Counterclockwise rotating field on power
    stage or power connection stage not
    connected). Rotation of the field is ok and the thyristor voltage is.
    I have a puzzle that opens the gate to plate and thyristor power module field.
    If I find a wiring diagram of the plate opening thyristors or power module field.
    Actually I can not get rid of error 2.
    Pretty please can help me with this problem that lasts for 2 months.
    thank you