586,119 active members*
3,645 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

X3 release date

Hi,

Does any one know the release date of X3? Our Yearly maint. agreement is about to expire and I feel cheated since we have gone a year on the old contract and have not gotten a whole lot for our $1300 yearly maintenance. Am I alone on this one or just feeling cheap?

Go over to emastercam.com, cnc software put up a link yesterday for x3 download, or http://updates.mastercam.com/x3/rele...rcamx3-web.exe
    Maintenace was worth it this time for sure this time, do a new install.
    HAAS VF3-5 axis trunion
    Mastercam X3

thank you very much for the info

I down loaded the pre release and it is awsome, you also get Engraving for free. The verify is so much faster, and i really like the new 2d high speed toolpaths. I only have level 1 but this is the release that I have been waiting for. The new FBM and FBD is very slick, you can also inport a solidworks file with the solids history tree and suppress features and add features. Im only scratching the surface of what all the have added, you would be crazy not to keep maint. or upgrade from V9 to X3. Im telling you, it really is that good.

Yes, the nesting and engraving was something we needed, I have not looked at everything thing yet but will make a decision on the value received in the new release by the end of the month.

Hi DRD,
    i downloaded your link and when i went to open X3 i get a message stating i dont have maintenance and will need to reinstall previous version.

our maintenace is valid until oct. 2008.

am i missing something or will i need to contact our reseller for another hasp code?

thanks
    2007 Haas TMP-1 Microscribe MX-5 Mastercam X4 Mill Level 3 Surfaces,Solids Seagate 2 tb hard drive AMD 64x2 8gig ram windows ultimate 7 64bit Geoforce 8800 GTX

Check your hasp to see that you put the last codes in. go to Windows Start and go to Mastercam and click on HaspX ,this will tell you all about your system
    Sample below.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails haspcheck.jpg  
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

thank you when i reinstalled x3 it couldnt find the hasp,i restored back to earlier x2 copied hasp to thumb drive and i am now trying to reinstall x3 using hasp,i think thats what was wrong.
    2007 Haas TMP-1 Microscribe MX-5 Mastercam X4 Mill Level 3 Surfaces,Solids Seagate 2 tb hard drive AMD 64x2 8gig ram windows ultimate 7 64bit Geoforce 8800 GTX

Hey Timmy is by chance Jimmy Wakford your dealer? the hasp file does not conatain the codes. the Key it self contains the codes. ther might of been a driver issue. what OS are you running? you need to running Xp or higher.

By chance you running 64bit os?
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

yes jimmy wakeford is our reseller and are the greatest at support and training highly reccomended i am very happy with there support.

i reinstalled the X3 file and it worked this time for some reason.

i am running xp professional 32 bit,got rid of vista a while back.

thank you for your assistance

tim

Great glad to see it worked out. I thought Jimmy was. I have to talk with him tomorrow about some Buss out here in Ca. Jimmy is a good guy for sure.and lets not forget Katie.

If you have questions about X3 feel free to contact me or Jimmy.
    I have been cutting with it for about 2 months now. so feel pretty good about.

Have a good day.
    Cadcam

Katie is great i also dont want to forget about Mike Gates he is been a tremendous help as well.

thank you cadcam if i have any question i will ask.

have a great day.

tim

That is what I love about Mastercam, it is almost like a family. Most everyone will go out of thier way to help. I am starting to get into the 2D high speed tool paths, anything I should look out for? I'm going to use the new arc filter, heard on emastercam it really helps with the new paths.

I have been using the 2D HST on some of my horz programming I did find an issue but given to QC at Mastercam about it flipping planes on me.But I need to follow-up on the new release. As I was given a thought from Chris over at CNC that I have to try tomorrow. But tried some of it on some Vertical parts and works great. nothing straight out to tell you at this point. If I find some thing I will post here and over there,
    Cadcam

I am lost, my dongle has to be plugged in so I can use the software, are you guys using something else?

No we use legal seats of mastercam with updated maint so this needs a dongle to run.
    I am not sure why you are lost but when you get to work and download with the key on the computer it will work better.
    Cadcam

Quote Originally Posted by cadcam View Post
    No we use legal seats of mastercam with updated maint so this needs a dongle to run.
    I am not sure why you are lost but when you get to work and download with the key on the computer it will work better.
    A couple of posts back someone mentioned a thumb drive and some codes and having problems. I thought their was some way to work around the dongle that induces chest pains when I cannot find it.

Problem solved.

thanks

i was merely mentioning i thought i erased the Hasp code when i erased previous install,so i transferred my hasp liscence code to a thumb drive in prep for reinstalling the new version.

thats not what it was,it was an issue with the download as the new download recognized the dongle.

i dont think a liscensce code will work without the dongle,or how you could get one without the other,as it doesnt matter i spent $15,000 on my seat.

Page 1 of 2 12