586,032 active members*
3,076 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

EMI-Mec w/Bosch cc100

I have just purchased an EMI-Mec Supersprint 30 lathe with a Bosch cc100 control. I have no experiance with this control, the machine powers up, but will not referance. The servoes are powered up, can't turn them by hand, but get no responce from them with the handwheel or with the jog keys. I only have pits and peices of the manuels, copied pages. Any one that can give any insight please email me. I would like to get this thing running ASAP. The machine is located in the Fort Wayne Indiana area. I would be willing to pay an hourly rate to a good tech.
    Joe Mattes
    TR Mfg.
    [email protected]

I am not aquainted with that control either, but at least is sounds as though the cnc side has control of the servo's if you cannot turn them under power. Is there any status indicated on the screen as to what mode it is in? Also, on some systems like fanuc etc the feedhold is an active low button, so if the switch opens up, you get a feed hold condition. Was this machine supposed to be working before you purchased it? If so, would a call into the previous owner be possible?
    Al
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

It might be worth giving this guy a call, he offers to answer questions on Bosch systems also he has manuals. http://www.equipmatching.com/used_eq.../159/13866.php
    Al
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.