586,111 active members*
3,513 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 3 of 4 1234

Smile

Hi Murray,

thanks for your encourage. I have many nice customers in Australia, but they are all electronic companies.

I was facing the same problem of quantity in the past. But things are changing this year. Manufacturers found that business is more difficult than before, so they also take small qty orders now.

Exporting is never as difficult as now. In the the past years, manufacturers just sit in their chairs, buyers will come to find them. But now buyers disappeared. The cold winter make the manufacturers knowing that low cost isn't the most important of all. They are trying to improve their quality, trying to do more creative works, trying to find customers actively. It's really a big chance for me. I can help them to improve the quality, finding customers all over the world and doing innovative works.

The website is under construction. Your suggestions are very valuable to us, thanks again.

BR
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by ezpcb.com View Post
    Hi dbohemian

Forget those unfriendly words. I don't care. Too much of those words since the beginning of 2008.

thank you for your good suggestion. An 3000 years old Chinese book "the art of war" said "you can't win without knowing each other". I have learned many online machining service providers,include emachineshop. I analysed their advantages and disadvangates. I'm pretty sure I can do what they can, and I can solve many problem they are facing.

If you have parts to be machined, let me try

BR

Mike

SUN TZU "The Art of War" great book and great author have lived by the principles of that book for at least 20 years,still have it on the shelf.

when strong act weak,when weak act strong.
    2007 Haas TMP-1 Microscribe MX-5 Mastercam X4 Mill Level 3 Surfaces,Solids Seagate 2 tb hard drive AMD 64x2 8gig ram windows ultimate 7 64bit Geoforce 8800 GTX

Hi Murray,

thanks for your encourage. I have many nice customers in Australia, but they are all electronic companies.

I was facing the same problem of quantity in the past. But things are changing this year. Manufacturers found that business is more difficult than before, so they also take small qty orders now.

Exporting is never as difficult as now. In the the past years, manufacturers just sit in their chairs, buyers will come to find them. But now buyers disappeared. The cold winter make the manufacturers knowing that low cost isn't the most important of all. They are trying to improve their quality, trying to do more creative works, trying to find customers actively. It's really a big chance for me. I can help them to improve the quality, finding customers all over the world and doing innovative works.

The website is under construction. Your suggestions are very valuable to us, thanks again.

BR
    Mike

sorry ezpcb but to reiterate a previous quote of yours "thank you for that information as it is beneficial to me."

it seems as china IS losing customers,maybe there IS a turnaround in manufacturing around the corner.

good time to be investing in good ole hard work and engineering,and fabrication.
    2007 Haas TMP-1 Microscribe MX-5 Mastercam X4 Mill Level 3 Surfaces,Solids Seagate 2 tb hard drive AMD 64x2 8gig ram windows ultimate 7 64bit Geoforce 8800 GTX

Quote Originally Posted by timmydabull View Post
    sorry ezpcb but to reiterate a previous quote of yours "thank you for that information as it is beneficial to me."

it seems as china IS losing customers,maybe there IS a turnaround in manufacturing around the corner.

good time to be investing in good ole hard work and engineering,and fabrication.

I'm so glad if my post helps you to catch the chance. Not only China is losing customers. The whole world is losing customers since 2008. We are not playing a zero-sum game, it should be a win-win game.

BR
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by woodwd234 View Post

case in point - I needed a gear made, easy to do with CNC - contact a company - they quoted $18,000 setup fee and $1,800 per gear - min order of 10 gears and I only needed 2.

Bill
    A lot of "inventors" and hobbyist run into this. Most of the time, the person just RFQ's the wrong shops. 18K set-up? Then they are custom cutting tooling, and $1800 per gear? Then they were screwing with you. PM me for an email address and shoot me your print, I can alteast point you in the right direction.

No need to support off-shore manufactures, just need to find someone with the equiptment best suited for the job.

MC

Angry

I work in an engineering manufacturing workshop where we build transport equipment. At least i can say quite confidently that a chinese copy of our trailers wouldn't last here on our Aussie roads (especially in the bush) for more than five minutes and thats why iam not scared about your f**ked up chinese attitude or crap quality products.

Mungsta,

Australia

At least I wont get taken out the back and shot for having an opinion that goes against our government.(flame2)(flame2)

Surprising! A customer in Sydney told me that Australia only build fleece and ironstone. Who should I trust?

POLITICS ON THIS mlm

Wohoooooooooo. I am sitting down and watching the fireworks parade, this sure is a hot topic with emotions running high and I totally understand. The truth is that as far as industry moving to all these developping countries is the fault of big corporations and our goverment who sponsors all this kind of crap so in essence we got no one to blame but ourself. Just in case you wonder I've lost my job in the past to a company relocating in Mexico..... yeah I guess they wanted me to make Tacos LOL. We have been sitting while we see jobs go overseas thinking nawww we're better than them, but sooner or later that stuff will catch up with us. I for once would rather spend my time being leaning and becoming better on every aspect and let the chips fall where they may. Competition is a good thing as long as is done in a level playing field. Sad to say we lack the support of our goverment who is just selling us out by bits and pieces. I guess the only thing left to say is that we elect our congress, Senator, Representatieves and sure as Hell our Pressident. The burden is on us to pick people that will look in the interest of the american people for a change and not trying to make a quick buck at the expense of our hard work and sweat of the american people.

PS: Yes, most of the stuff you buy is made in China LOL.

ezpcb,
    Here in the US I have seen alot my material cost double from last year. Are you seeing the same over there?

Quote Originally Posted by bobk View Post
    ezpcb,
    Here in the US I have seen alot my material cost double from last year. Are you seeing the same over there?
    Of course the prices are the same here. The cost of raw material in PCB industry (coppers, epoxy, fiberglass) increased more than 50% in the past 2 years. the price of copper is more than doubled.

All these are due to the garbages made by the slaves working in the dirty factories that controled by the evil communist Chinese goverment.

BR
    Mike

Iron & Wool

Surprising! A customer in Sydney told me that Australia only build fleece and ironstone. Who should I trust?
    Australia is a lucky country with abundant ore-iron, bauxite, copper, nickel - Our government should be encouraging local value adding rather than just the fast buck of shipping our dirt offshore only to buy it back at 10 times the price as crappy metal commodity. Short sighted. We barely have enough local made steel for wind turbine towers, let alone friggin warships and buildings...
    I have seen Australian brass extruders close down, the biggest and best Cold rolled steel mill to close in November, Aluminium extrusions are from Korea & Russia, no increase in steel production from new mills etc. Merchants are buying in basic steel plate and barstock from anywhere, China, Taiwan and from Brazil. Does not make sense to me.
    I would like to be an Australian manufacturer making products from Australian materials, but try and buy some...not possible.

I am new to this forum and need some help, I have a small machine shop in US looking for short run's of parts I have 40/20 fadal mill any help I would be thankful.

Just another American trying to get by:

Hello Mike,

I am rather surprised how polite my fellow machinists have been so far. You see, I think you parked your Rolls at the wrong forum. Most of the people who come to this site are a lot like me. I have cutting fluid running through my veins. A few years ago I lost my Tool & Die maker job when the company I work for moved manufacturing to Mexico and then to China. I am one of the lucky ones, I was offered a job in Technical Support so I didn’t loose anything more than the job I loved to one I hate. I missed machining so I built a small machine shop in my back yard and now work in it nights and weekends. I don’t make enough to quit my day job but I keep trying. The people who frequent this site are the same people who loose their jobs to people who have no choice other than to work for slave wages not the people who buy machined parts from around the globe. We come here to discuss how to do it better, faster, cheaper, so even though we demand a decent wage for our work and knowledge we can compete with businessmen like you.

Alan

Hi Alan,

My apologize if I make you feel unhappy. I'm also sad to know that you lost your job, but taking away your job isn't my original intention. I am 100% understand why you are so angry about my post.

I have a master's degree of mechanics. Frankly speaking, I like technic much more than business. If this is a technical forum, I won't talk about business anymore. But I want to see more comments of yours, whatever netative or positive (I don't think it's possible)
    BR

Mike,

My 2 cents as well. I for instance was at the helm of a company that had been aquired by a wealthy Asian couple, similar to yourself it sounds like, then left that very profitable job 16 months ago to return to a more industrial job that I much more enjoy.

You see the problem was after 5-1/2 years of constantly seeing the numbers, seeing the quality, and seeing the honor of both sides of the world making the same parts in that corporation and many others that supported the operations of such - I can quite definitely tell you that if one chooses to manufacture in China something will be sacrificed. Most often quality suffers, and also very often leadtime, and almost always the workers suffer in some way (pay, treatment, hours, etc.).

What kept me awake at night was that I knew for a fact that the two locations I led in the US made twice as good a product that required extremely little quality management - which in the end cost less to deliver to our customers. I also knew for a fact that the sub-contractors in the US that supported my operations were many times better at what they did and really wanted to make their customers happy & deliver an excellent product. The reality didn't matter though, because the owners were Asian and the knew if they persisted they could pull down the quality requirements to meet their level by the attractiveness of pricing. Then they move all the production to Suozho and such, brought in low paid workers from nearby areas (even lower paid than Chinese often) and made warehousemen out of the American workers - who then had to answer to all the quality complaints. They were very good at it, they had built their original very large business doing this, and had many other examples to follow proving them right. They are only right in that sense though.

This is where the difference in our worlds really stand out, in that we here in the States are willing to make a reasonable profit and really endeavor to make a better product every day, for a better price every day - and don't have ulterior motives of cutting corners to make another few percentage points profit. I have dealt with the groups from Singapore to China for more years than I care to count or admit, and I know that it is the culture in your part of the world to bend the rules, cut corners, withhold information, cheat when possible to squeeze that last bit of profit.

I have returned to foundry and ancillary process manufacturing and have seen the company I work with now, and hundreds of our competitors in our same niche industry and other similar ones, grow by leaps and bounds from the flood of work coming back to our shores from your land and your neighbors. Every day that goes by shows there is no longer any financial incentive to live with your countymen's low quality work and lack of customer service ethic, because the cost of energy and raw materials is leveling out making it quite expensive to ship an item from your shores to our - especially if the customer can expect inferiority in some aspect of the delivered goods.

I can't speak with any certainty about Australia, or the African or South American continents as I've not dealt with their cultures long term - but I can speak of Europe in contrast to your land and mine, and I know the Europeans also don't share the cultural lack of ethic of any sort that is so pervasive in the Chinese manufacturing base and society. The punctuation mark to what I'm saying here is the behaviour of your countrymen in and around the Olympics at this very time. Shamefull - which is amazing for a people who profess so loudly that honor is so important to them.

Your obviously getting a lot of hostile responses - and the items I've mentioned are why. I would think you could realize you pretty well stepped your foot in it by setting out your comments on this forum. Think Sir, what forum you have posted on and realize you are looking for opportunity in the wrong place.

John B.

John,

Thanks a lot for your long artical. I was thinking that this is the wrong place for my post, but now I'm 100% sure I found the right place. Only the negative comments are helpful. I get more valuable information here than anywhere else. I'm always learning and thinking here these days, please keep on speaking

I have a simple question, if China only make craps and garbages as you said, why people are still buying those craps like Dell computer or Louis Vuitton bags?

BR
    Mike

It's been stated on CNN in July or August of 2008 that the Chinese government has established 3,500 companies in the the USA to spy on us for their economic and military benefit. If that doesn't scare the sh-beep out of the rest of you US machinists, it sure does me!

Louiss vitton or whatever are probably fakes any way and my pc is from Australia. Did you see that the fireworks from the opening ceremony of the fakina oops china olympics wern't real and that the little girl that sang well she never actually sang but mimed because the original she wasn't pretty enough, and that the crowd was made up of chinks that were paid to be there or may have been forced. It wont be long now before the rest of the world see who the chinese really are. Just a bunch of copying frauds. I don't buy chinese made unless there isn't an option, i even changed my brand of work boot when our Aussie Blundstone went over seas to another Aussie company named Mongrel Boots. I do what i can to keep Australian jobs here. So, Mike you will never get any of my business. I wonder how many chinese will be stripped of medals after the games when they get caught cheating, because at the end of the day it is in their nature.(nuts)

Cheers Mate!
    Mungsta

Your spelling of english on your website is poor, makes me wonder about your quality straight away. Or did you pay a kid 20 cents to do it for you?

Mungsta

(chair)

Hi Dear Mungsta

I'm just a little couris as a senior electonic engineer: how could you make a WORKING computer with just fleece?

China make both fake and real LV bags. You've already told us the reason of why your wife has only a fake one: buy the best you can effort!

I know spelling of my website is poor, who care? I got an $18,000 order from Australia on Monday. Unfortunetly they don't make computer. Can you speak Chinese as good as your premier? I saw him in Beijing a few days before

BR

Page 3 of 4 1234