586,119 active members*
3,589 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Daewoo/Doosan > Daewoo with Mitsubishi controller tool setter question

Daewoo with Mitsubishi controller tool setter question

it's a daewoo 250 lathe with Meldas 500L controller. it has a tool setter and when we set the tool for boring (lower side of probe) we have to go into the tool offsets and add 3.175 to the offest once it's inputted from the tool setter. I was wanting to know if anyone knew or knows how to fix this as it would be easier to fix than try to keep running this way. the probe for the turning (the top ) works fine .. it's just the one for the boring (or lower probe) that we have an issue with. I know it's a simple adjustment in the parameters. I once ran a Daewoo with fanuc controller and had the steps to calibrate the tool setter.. this is a little bit different to me. any help would be appreciated

thanks

Instructions

Send me a private message with ur e-mail and I can send u the pdf instructions on how to adjust the Q-Setter.

Never mind, I uploaded the pdf.

File attached
    Attached Files Attached Files

thank you very much we will try to calibrate the machine tomorrow.. we had teh Mitsubishi guy here yesterday to install the spindle motor we had fixed when asked he said it was a Daewoo issue.. I figuired in would ask here since there are a lot of informd people here...

thanks again

well i have another issue with the presetter. when i adjust the toolsetter it works fine however when i turn off the machine the and then restart it. it loses the adjustment. any idea on how to fix this? I would rather not have everyone in there trying to adjust the machine if they don't have the intelligence to do so. any help is always appreciated.. thanks

Q-Setter

Read the end of Tech Doc 13.4
    Attached Files Attached Files

thanks, we will give this a try

I am back with another question about locking the changes in the parameters seems that they still disappear when the machine is turned off and powered back on. The about documents helped me set the parameters and get them right however they are for a 520 controller this one is a 500 contorller so it does not have the plc swtich that can be flipped of and on like any other ideas on how to have the machine remember the changes in the parameters?

thanks in advance

Bernard