I have an odd condition. We recently built a Torchmate 2. On the back 2ft of the table where there is no usable cutting area we made into a welding table. Whenever we TIG weld and initiate the arc, the optical mouse on the CNC computer flickers, and our torch-mounted camera gets an error. Occasionally, we'll lose the mouse and keyboard altogether.

Ok, so probably a bad ground... I grounded the table chassis to two ground rods outside (one 6ft, one 8ft, 2-3ft apart) with 6ga solid copper wire. No change. So then I bonded the outlets to the ground rod and checked everything for continuity, and continuity is excellent. Any outlet to any outlet, the plasma table, the welding ground, and even the compressed air lines. They're all one circuit. Still no change.

Now here's where it gets interesting... I was using the CNC computer and someone else needed to weld, so I told them to do it somewhere else so my mouse doesn't screw up. He was doing a small piece, so he set up shop on our stomp shear, which is a good 30ft from the CNC computer and not touching anything but concrete. STILL, the mouse acts up. This is with the welder outlet bonded to the new grounding rods, too.

What's going on here?