586,096 active members*
3,637 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question Specific Power supply ?

Hi All

I hvae a Power One F24-12-A supply it is supposed to be able to configure to a 28V and 10 amp output also but I cant find how to do it, any input would be helpful

Hi Boxwood,

I presume you have already checked with www.power-one.com for info? You might have to contact them to get the info.

http://www.power-one.com/resources/p...asheet/lin.pdf

However, having said that, usually the main transformer on the power supply has multiple taps on the output side that permit the changing of the voltage by unsoldering the connection and moving it.

You need to have a respect for electricity before you fool around with these things with the power applied, because you need a volt meter to measure the voltage at the output taps on the transformer. Use your volt meter's AC functions to measure transformer voltages, since transformers are AC devices.

You should be able to determine that it is outputting 24 volts now, if that is how it is wired. One tap will be common, so you can check the other voltages between that one and each other tap on the output side of the transformer.

There may also be multi-taps on the input side of the transformer, but you should be able to easily trace which side of the transformer is the high voltage input by where it connects to the input terminals. Don't mess around with your probes in this area.

Since the power supply has a constant watt output rating, the allowable amperage drops from 12 amp @ 24v to 10 amp @28v. There is no direct adjustment to make for amperage, except to protect the output circuit with proper fusing to make sure the applied load cannot draw more than the manufacturer's rated amperage recommendation.
    First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

HU,

Is there ANYTHING you don't know about?
    You make me feel so DUMB .
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Originally posted by wms
    HU,

Is there ANYTHING you don't know about?
    You make me feel so DUMB .
    No way, Ward, I look up to your valued input just as much

I've had to wear a lot of hats, since there is nobody within 500 miles who can come and help me when I need it. That's why I seem to have an opinion on so many things, because I've had to tamper and tinker with stuff to keep the wheels turning.

The internet has been a real godsend, so far as getting technical help of all sorts, even forums like this one.
    First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

HU,
    YOU know about WHEELS too. I can take anymore!!!

You two guy's know so much stuff it's unreal!:rainfro: If I ever
    get my vertical mill running I'll have lots of questions for you guy's to answer. It's great to know we have such knowlegable people on the site.

Thanks for the info Hu it is helpful, Paul is right we do have a knowledgeable bunch at the cnczone
    Learn from the mistakes of others you can't afford to make them all yourself!