586,094 active members*
3,895 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Who uses mfg.com

I havce been approached several times by mfg.com to enlist their services. I was curious on their service and other peoples /companies sucess rate on securing work. The quoted fee seems steep. Any comments?
    JohnD.

I used them 2 yrs. ago and was not happy with them at all. I have had good luck with source authority and I am new with first index so I cant say anything good or bad about them yet.

Brian
    Brian's Machine & Powdercoat

I used them back in 2003. It was a total waste of money. They've been badgering my lately to come back. I told them, if they let me pay by the jobs I received I would come back. They didn't like that responce!

are there other rfq boards for machine work?

I am aware of the ones mentioned , practicalmachinist.com, rfqwork.com what others are the?

MFG

STAY AWAY FROM MFG!

We just got off their list.

We wasted lots of money with very little return. <1% of what we paid out.

Most of the RFQs that come across MFG never get closed or awarded.

Everyone you quote to tells you are too high even at a 1 or 2% profit!

Can't make money at those types of jobs.

But they award BILLIONS a day in annualized RFQ oppertunity!!!

What a joke. I want to know where they get the numbers they advertise and what kinda drugs they are doing over there. The only people making money on MFGQUOTE are the buyers who manage to get free parts and the owners of that website. It's borderline scam. I'm suprised they haven't been sued yet. I threatened, they backed off REAL QUICK... I think that's why there are no lawsuits being filed.

what about Source Authority and First index has anybody ever used them? i have talked to all of them and they all bad mouth each other. the only way i see to get TRUE work is to GET OUT AND HUSTLE FOR IT. :rainfro:

I used MFG and made some good contacts but the prices are steep and the return is NO Where near what it needs to be.

They go after the people who are hurting for work and have a few $$ left to spend.
    STAY AWAY!! Did I say that loud enough?
    The money you spend with them put together a good web presence and pay for good ad words using google.

The price is always negotiable with them, lets make a deal before our prices go up at the end of the month, Ha Ha, not funny if you sign a 2 year contract and give them money every month and get nothing in return.
    Ask this question, If after 4 months I don't see a return on my investment with you can you put it into the contract that I can cancel with no penalty?
    The answer is, "I would be real surprised if you don't make your money back in that timeframe"
    Real slick, stick to the basics. If you want to get rich quick go to vegas and see a good show!

:cheers: to Dr Pete

First Index

Quote Originally Posted by Arty 3000 View Post
    what about Source Authority and First index has anybody ever used them? i have talked to all of them and they all bad mouth each other. the only way i see to get TRUE work is to GET OUT AND HUSTLE FOR IT. :rainfro:
    I started with First Index when they first came over from the UK. (Can’t remember what year it was or what they called themselves back then.) Took some time off and then went back to them about 4-5 years ago. Have I got a ton of customers through them? No. But 95% of the work I do is from customers I gained through them.

I don’t care which service you choose, they are in the “business” of putting RFQs in front of you, and bids in front of the buyer. If the buyer is going for the cheapest bid, there’s only one shop qualified for the job. Not much you can do for that buyer except screwing yourself. Unfortunately for us, this is sometimes the case.

First Index doesn’t put every RFQ in front of every member. You subscribe to regions and see only RFQs for your services, for that region. They also limit the amount of memberships in regions. I will say their customer service is top notch. If you choose to make the investment in their service, make sure you listen to them and follow their directions.

The buyers that have tons of work and will pay top dollar for your products are few and far between. The only time they look for a new supplier is when someone else let them down. If you’re not in front of that buyer at that very moment, well it doesn’t really matter does it.

ARTY!!! How's business buddy? I gave your contact info to another local shop, don't know if they've contacted you. I contacted them via a mutual business collegue and got a little milling work out of them. They were asking about CNC lathe work, I told them you were the best... Hopefully they contact you. I still have no intentions of getting into productin lathe work. I would starve if I had to live off of lathe work, I tell everyone about Siler MFG!
    Later,
    MC

Thanks Michael. please check you PM.