586,103 active members*
3,703 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Syil Products > syil canada back from china!

syil canada back from china!

I just got back from the factory in china, WOW what a trip. I had a great time with all of my friends at Syil. it was also a very productive business trip, discussing new products and improvements to current products.

I seen the promised land (the X7), this machine will change the affordable medium scale cnc market for good! it is a 3600lbs machine, while i was there i observed it doing up to 700imp rapids!

ill keep you posted,

keith
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P7300100.jpg  

Make us a virtual tour with more photos, at least with the ones that can be shown.

In that photo, who is Xushuo and Mr Wang?

Pablo

will do

i will go through some of the photos, i have lots! this is all of the employees that were at the factory that day. i will try to photoshop the photo to show who is who.

Keith, glad you had a good trip. I hope you had a chance to discuss the lack of manuals and wiring diagrams, it is so frustrating.
    Len

new manual on the way

i sure did go over the importance of a manual, and wiring schematics included in the manual. I figured the best way to get this done quickly was to volunteer my self, so i am currently working on the new syil manual.

I hope to have it done in the next few weeks, i will post a link to the new manual as soon as it is done. We will also be working on syil training videos, including machine setup and configuration, setting up work piece coordinates ,setting up soft limits, importance of homing and limit switches, setting up tools and tool changes.
    i feel that a good comprehensive manual should eleaviate alot of the frustration, and help with trouble shooting.

i will keep you posted!

Question Good stuff !!

Great work Keith.

Email me or whatever if I can be of assistance, and/or you want some proof reading done.

While you've been away I have been using my SX3 for a surface grinder.
    Magnetic chuck is a really good option, and for cutters down around 3mm the holding force is plenty good enough.

Neil.

Keith,
    glad to hear you enjoyed your trip to China and your visit to Syil.

I have a couple of questions:
    Was the price of the X7 discussed? I have a potential X4plus customer who enquired (although the 1600lb weight has more or less ruled that out!)

Was the Syil X6 mentioned? Same potential customer somehow or other found out that there's an X6 out in a couple of months - is it only me that didn't know? I've seen an email from China with the details - apparently it's to be similar to the SmithyCNC1240 - but better!

OK,Keith, spill the beans.

Hugh
    Syil.UK

Keith, in a word "FANTASTIC". The whole SYIL community thanks you. Do not let any Monday morning quarterbacks get you down as you can bet they will come out of the closets after you issue your work.
    Thanks, Len

hey Keith did you get to talk about having speed control true mach3 on the c6

by the way sorry didnt get the time to get thing done before you went to china for my mill

felix from montreal
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own. -Les opinions exprimé dans ce messages sont les mienne

Whilst in China did you see if the E stop problem has been fixed on the X4+?

martin
    Martin

e stop

i sure did, i personally spoke to the engineer. He is in the process of working on a quick solution. you guy will be the first to know as soon as i hear word on the progress.

a little bird

a little bird that landed on my shoulder told me that the c6 is getting a overhaul, thou it did not tell me a time frame.

the x7 price has yet to be firmed up, a few numbers were thrown around. I feel with the competitive price no one else on the market will be able to touch it, it will take the cake for affordable 3600 lbs cnc's.

flex the muscle!!

I personally did not get to see the x6 it was just being delivered to the factory the day i was leaving, though i did see lots of pictures. yes it will be better, than the smithy, i do believe that it is similar but not the same, but close. This machine will also have a price point that the competition will shutter at. It will also leave the competitors in the dust, i do believe that it is 1600lbs of muscle.

keith

Quote Originally Posted by hughlss View Post
    Keith,
    glad to hear you enjoyed your trip to China and your visit to Syil.

I have a couple of questions:
    Was the price of the X7 discussed? I have a potential X4plus customer who enquired (although the 1600lb weight has more or less ruled that out!)

Was the Syil X6 mentioned? Same potential customer somehow or other found out that there's an X6 out in a couple of months - is it only me that didn't know? I've seen an email from China with the details - apparently it's to be similar to the SmithyCNC1240 - but better!

OK,Keith, spill the beans.

Hugh
    Syil.UK