586,912 active members*
3,426 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Syil Products > Calling all X4 and X4+ owners

Calling all X4 and X4+ owners

Two questions for all you lucky owners of the latest Syil X4 and X4plus:
    1. what are you using for lubrication?
    2 did you have any problems in setting up and since getting up and running?

With the Super X3 we just about ironed out all of the issues such that the period of 'pulling one's hair out in frustration' came down to about 2 days max.
    We had the wiring problems, the pot/led adjustment on the parallel board, kernel speed, laptop and OS probs. and so on.
    CNCzone, with much imput from its subscribers, was instrumental in turning the SX3 into a great success.

A database of tweaks and fixes for the X4 and X4+ might be useful.
    Over to you guys -
    Feedback will help dealers and other owners get the most out of this fine machine.

Hugh
    Syil.UK

My pet peeve was the manual or lack of. Also the stand for the X4 Plus as a few holes in the tray so my coolant leaks but that is very minor. I dealt with Syil Canada and have zero problems with Keith. He must have gotten 50 calls from me and he helped with everything and then some. I am heading back out to Calgary in September to get more of his help. The machine so far is zero headaches. I made a better stand for the machine so that i can move it around my shop. I would suggest the same. I posted some pics of the base i made here a few weeks ago

I have an X4 which I brought from SYlL UK (Hugh has been very very helpful in trying to get me up and running) I have been away for the last month, I think it was therapy as I was pulling my hair out trying to get it to work!!! Anyway, have a new PC as advised with nothing else other than Mach3 software, so will be off to the workshops later to try all the configs that people have sent me, hopefully I will have sucess

Gripes so far....
    1) What oil for lubrication? - no mention
    2) Holes in base for lubricant dont seem to match up with any parts supplied with coolant system
    3) Manual less than helpful

The board inside seems different from the board in the photo, the LED lights up in manual mode but does not light in CNC mode. I have tried to adjust the pot but the LED still wont light in CNC mode. There are no jumpers to overide the switch as it says in the manual.