586,121 active members*
3,135 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Daewoo/Doosan > New To Daewoo..... Any Others

Exclamation New To Daewoo..... Any Others

HI,

I am hoping to find any interested daewoo users to start some dialog. I have been making various parts on a dvc 400 since march.It is a nice machine and very accurate. So far with 1 hour of training we have been able to make it cut many projects. I am using a couple of standard offline systems for Gcode. Our machine is fitted with a Fanuc.The old standard of M&G code. Not much memory but reads flash mem for uploading or running dnc from. 32 place changer and pallet changer. The online software is called Easy guide and it looks fine. Any one out there with any input would be great.

Thank you

ROLIN

We have one DMV 500 with Fanuc 18m
    Very accurate, heavy duty 40" in X, 20" in Y
    10,000 RPM and very smooth and reliable, more than enough power for heavy cutting.
    Excellent 100 psi coolant pressure along with thru the tool coolant, and a good bag style coolant filter.
    We got all the standard memory available from Fanuc which is just 1280 feet, or 512k.
    I just don't get this in todays computerized industry, why a CNC memory is still advertised on the length of paper tape...

I really like this machine though...
    By far our heaviest and most accurate machine.
    Scott_bob

Hey Scott_bob

I don't get the nc tape thing. The first machine I worked with was a Ikegai with a Fanuc 2T. It had X,Z,M,&G LED.
    Small memory that was fed from tape. No rapid over-ride and we quickly learned to program a fast feed in place
    of rapids to force feed over-ride during setups. Like why is the 1.44 floppy still here?

As for the Daewoo the thru coolant makes the drills and face mills fly. Our company is not used to seeing parts come off so smooth.
    We have 11,000 rpm but the smaller pallet bed. Z is adjusted for 5.0 inches above the bed for fixturing.
    We added 49 extra P-codes under G54.1 for added fixture offset.
    We are trying to make tools 1-20 fixed and floating 21-32 for custom tools.
    Once you set the P# (1-49) in XYZ from machine zero the next project is
    ready. All tools are set to a R-probe whenever changed. This is nice for multiple jobs running concurrent.

Rolin

Rolin,

No big deal, I was just refering to the language of Fanuc when they talk about their memory. They refer to the amount of memory available for upgrades in feet of tape.
    Why, because they still deal with customers who have paper or mylar tape for program storage and downloading. I have not had to use tape for 10 years now and would not wish the old methods on anyone, except an enemy...
    I'm hoping the more of us customers who abandon the old ways, the sooner the machine builders out there will too.
    Scott_bob

Your not the only one who wonders why they still refer to machine memory in feet of paper. The only thing I can come up with is to make the memory look like a bigger number than it really is. Also, if they were to put a hard drive in the control box, how would they be able to charge $1500 for less than a floppy worth of space? It's greed plain and simple. I'm just thankful for RS232 cable.

Daewoo fix-it guy here. A couple things to watch on a DVC400. When you power on the machine, always make sure that the protective spindle nose air blow comes on. You should here it hiss and you can feel it in the front of the spindle. It is controlled by an adjustable air pressure regulator with gauge on the top of the spindle motor in the back of the machine. It is only a 0-15psi regulator. I had the bellows stick in one of these $25 regulators and it took out an $8,000 spindle. I would add a second air pressure switch for spindle nose air blow and wire it in series with the main incoming air pressure switch, which would give an air alarm if it ever failed. I dissassembled the failed regulator and found nothing wrong. Just moving the adjuster freed it.

Also these machines use a photoeye on the tool carousel to detect a tool pot at the tool change position of the carousel. The tool pots are plastic and have a flat side that the photoeye looks at. The photoeye and these flats need to be wiped off once in awhile or you can get intermittent tool change alarms because the photoeye can't see the flat due to the buildup of coolant vapor and shipping grease that the install guy never wiped off. You would probably get a magazine synchro alarm because the machine thinks there is an empty spot where a tool pot should be.

Doosan DVC 500 problems

Well I could really use some help here. We purchased this machine brand new about 2 months ago and have a serious issue already. I would like to know if anyone else who owns this machine or the 400 is going through the same crazy stuff too. The table keeps getting stuck either in unclamp mode or doesn't rotate all the way and then the machine alarms out. It's been happening about every 2 days. The tech comes out and messes with the parameters and it's fixed temporarily. My understanding is that it should never have this problem unless there is a power outage during table rotation. I think part of the problem with our distributer is that they haven't sold many of these so they don't know them inside and out like we expect them to.
    Any help/advice would be great. Thanks fellas

Table swing problem ACE V430

Hello there, JayH

I've posted a reply to Rags. It has a solution that we found for the table swing problem we've had with a couple of our ACE V430 machines. It's a bit long to type out again, so here's a link to the thread. Hope it helps, or even better, I hope you've already found a good solution :-)

Here's the URL
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showth...243#post568243

Cheers for now.
    Retrolaw.