586,103 active members*
3,457 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Mazak, Mitsubishi, Mazatrol > Losing home position after powered down overnight

Losing home position after powered down overnight

Multiplex 630 T32-6 control. Losing home position after powered down overnight. Does not lose position if power is left on. Set tool measure at night and in the morning after powering up is off .0046 on both X axis's and on both Z axis is .0009. Has encoder and scale. Seens to be a scale problem but trying to figure out what is common to both sides.

New limit switches and tried a new encoder. Took out scale and still had problem with x axis if down over night. Seems ok if power is off for short time, batteries read good, checked before power was turned on.

Quote Originally Posted by MTWOLFEL View Post
    New limit switches and tried a new encoder. Took out scale and still had problem with x axis if down over night. Seems ok if power is off for short time, batteries read good, checked before power was turned on.
    your problem is most likely on the piggyback baord on your axis drive amp. this is the board that controls your absolute position encoder. i think that there is also a battery on this board. you could check it first. after replacing it you will have to go thru the procedure to re-establish home position. good luck

Quote Originally Posted by bigbobomb View Post
    your problem is most likely on the piggyback baord on your axis drive amp. this is the board that controls your absolute position encoder. i think that there is also a battery on this board. you could check it first. after replacing it you will have to go thru the procedure to re-establish home position. good luck
    Thanks for responding, we swapped out drives and had no change. No batteries on the boards, so we have to re-home on power up.

Quote Originally Posted by MTWOLFEL View Post
    Thanks for responding, we swapped out drives and had no change. No batteries on the boards, so we have to re-home on power up.
    If you have tried a new encoder and swapped drives with no change then I think the next thing and it seems like the only thing left is the possibility of a bad cable between the control and the encoder.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbobomb View Post
    If you have tried a new encoder and swapped drives with no change then I think the next thing and it seems like the only thing left is the possibility of a bad cable between the control and the encoder.
    Thanks I will try that.