586,103 active members*
2,751 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > EdgeCAM vs. MasterCAM

EdgeCAM vs. MasterCAM

I am currently an EdgeCAM user, but i am going to be using MasterCAM at new job. Are there many big differences with programming, and particularly writing post processors, between the two, or are they more or less the same thing in different packaging?

Any insight is appreciated.

There will be difference , but in some cases you will be looking for the button that does the same thing in edgecam but is to the right and not the left.

What version of Edge are you coming from and what version of MC you going to use. this can make a difference to?
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

EdgeCAM 12.5 to MasterCAM X. I know thats the most recent EdgeCAM, and I believe (quite possibly wrong) that that is the newest mastercam. That is what I thought that it would be same basics but different metods of getting things done. Thanks for the response Cadcam.

Just so you know X3 is the latest MCX is over two years old. I will have to look at the latest edgecam to see if I see more Similarities.

Mike M I think knows more about the two.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Shows how much I know about MasterCAM. Well I'll have too just check it out and see how I do. Thanks Cadcam.