586,067 active members*
5,085 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Bridgeport Machines > Bridgeport / Hardinge Mills > Bridgeport interact 412 W/ Heidenhain 2500 control
Page 1 of 2 12

Bridgeport interact 412 W/ Heidenhain 2500 control

Hi,

I Just turned on my machine and the control does not come on. It was working earlier in the day. None of the drives come on and the controller does not come on. The spindle motor fan comes on and the light that i have plugged into the side of the control works. The Machine is running from a rotary phase converter. Where should i start ?

Thanks
    Ray

re

fuse? dropped a phase?
    check all the ac right up to the control

You may need to check the trips in the main pannel.

Thanks Guys !!!

I have checked the Fuse in the control and turned all the trip breaker off and on again and still the same thing. I don't see any other Fuses anywhere.
    Tomorrow morning i will switch to the other Roto Phase Converter and see if that helps.

None of the relays in the panel back light up and none of the Axis Drive Boards light up. The Drives just don't kick on.

Ray

I Just got done switching to another roto phase converter with no Luck. Same problem

Typically the maintenance manual has wiring diagrams as well as a trouble shooting section that advises you where to look for what voltage.
    First a note that Bridgeport had a service report that negated a warranty on a machine running on a phase converter.
    Now check power in, all three phases. Next check the 24 VDC power supplies. The TNC2500 had a 24VDC supply that fed the control logic power supply. There was another one that ran the relays. If no power out, is there power going into these? If not follow it back.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Hi George,

Thanks for the info, I will check the 24 VDC wednesday morning and get back to you. I already checked the 240V coming in and it was fine.

Both the relays and control are not coming on, so is it likely they both went at the same time? Probably not. We will see.

Thanks Again
    Ray

Hi George,

Just checked PSU1 Output ( wires 26 and 27 ) & PSU2 ( wires 263 and 264 ) for the 24 VDC and there is nothing at either one.
    My Emergency stop button is out.

Those power supplies are protected by CB7 (circuit breaker 7) a 3 amp device. Power to that comes from T3 which is protected by CB3 a 10 amp device.
    Where does the power stop?

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

The power stops at PSU1 Output wires #26 & 27, and wires PSU2 wires # 63 & 264 like i said before. This is what my manual says to check next.

George,

I just took PSU1 out and looked at the board and from the back side behind a round back Diode or what ever it is, looks a little burnt. On the front side of the board that round black Thing has a V35 on it....Also has GI, RW005m and 8832 printed on it.
    Starting to wonder if it's the power supply board.

Thanks Again For your Help !!!
    Ray

re

just to confirm, there is ac power right up to the power supply, correct?

George will know much better than I , but I frequently find stuff that gets hot in some of these old machines.....

8832.....gee just made it's 20th birthday, mebbe the candles got too hot.....

Hi Gus,

No, The # 26 & 27 and the #263 & 264 wires are in the back cabinet of the machine and the power supply 1 is in the side cabinet. My manual says to check these wires next and see if there is 24VDC.

It is common for these to go bad. I am assuming you have power (AC) going to it. I usually take off the blue output wires to make sure there is no short behind it pulling it down.
    I did take one apart about 8 years ago and laid the board on my open hand and watched it fly up. I have sweaty hands and there was a capacitor that had a charge in it. Placing it on my hand, the capacitor discharged through my hand causing a jerk up reaction. I caught it on the way down.
    Bridgeport part number 21550036. Not cost effective for me to try and fix these.

George

Hi George,

My PSU1 ( power supply card ) is the card next to the Bosch axis drive cards, It slides in the rack with out any wires connected. Are you talking about the power supply card in the control?

I know a guy that has a PSU1 card and he is shipping it thursday, so hopefully i will get it friday....Maybe tuesday because of the long weekend.

I also have a PSU2 card that goes in the control that i bought as a spare a couple years ago. Which one would you try 1st ? I was thinking the PSU1 because it slides right in...Nice and easy to change.

I have AC power going to the control. the only way i know this is that i can plug a light in to the plug on the side of the control and it lights up.

Any other Ideas ?

Thanks again !!

Ray

Don't you have a meter?
    PSU2 goes to the control.
    You have to verify 220VAC going to it and PSU1.

George

I checked PSU1 Output ( wires 26 and 27 ) & PSU2 ( wires 263 and 264 ) for the 24 VDC and there is nothing at either one. So does this mean the power supply is no good?

Hi George,

Yes i have a volt meter but the light was a simple test. I am not to good at this electrical stuff so please bear with me.
    I will check and see if i have 220 volts AC going into PSU1 and PSU2 1st thing in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by machintek View Post
    Don't you have a meter?
    PSU2 goes to the control.
    You have to verify 220VAC going to it and PSU1.

George
    Hi George,

I don't have 220 V AC at either power supply. What should i check next ?

Thanks
    Ray

Hi George,

I Just rechecked PSU1 With a New Volt Meter and found 24V between wires 25 & 26 But nothing In PSU2 ,wires 263 & 264 in the control box.

Page 1 of 2 12