586,075 active members*
3,684 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > UG NX > Doubt to change post processor

Unhappy Doubt to change post processor

Hellow, my friends.

Anyone knows how can i change the post processor of NX4 (3 axis) to
    add G0 G90 G40 G49 G80 in the end of programm?

Today i'm doing this manually, but i really wanna know how can i change the post processor to add this automatically

Thanks.

assuming you have postbuilder...

Open your post in PostBuilder
    Select the "Program & Tool Path" tab
    Select the "Program End Sequence" (on the left)
    On the right side, you will see "Add Block", a pull-down, and a Trash Can
    Select the pull-down, and find "G40 G17 G90 G70 -- (absolute_mode). Select it.
    Now, grab the "Add Block" button, and drag it onto the "End of Program" event, and place it where you want it.
    Now, click on the block you just added
    To add the G0, Select the pull-down, Find "G_motion" -> G0 - Rapid Move
    Grab the "Add Word" button, and drag it into the block.
    Repeat this process with the other words you want to add.
    Words you want to remove, you drag to the trash can.
    To add G0 & G80 to the same block, use "G" -> "G - User Defined Expression" for the G80.
    It will not let you put 2 words from the same group in a single block.

If you want to change the order, Hit OK, then select the Word Sequencing tab.
    You can re-arrange the words here. Note to move G0, you move the G1 (G-Motion) word.

Best of luck
    "Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong!"
    T Briggs (CAM dude) - Siemens PLM Software

what if you dont have a post builder

If you dont have a post builder license, never mind. you can do it on your wordpad. But note that once you edit these files manually they loose associativity with pui(post builder) file. but still they work.

Goto your MACH>RESOURCE>POSTPROCESSOR directory and open the file Template.dat with wordpad. Find out what event handler file is your post is using. it will be in this format
    "MILL_3_AXIS,${UGII_CAM_POST_DIR}mill3ax.tcl,${UGI I_CAM_POST_DIR}mill3ax.def"
    MILL_3_AXIS is the display name in UG post dialog interface and mill3ax.tcl is the event handler file.

Now open the tcl file in word pad which by default will be located in the same directory unless specified. search for "end_of_program" untill you reach
    proc MOM_end_of_program.

Add a new line

MOM_output_literal "G0 G90 G40 G49 G80" (Note that this is just text output)

above MOM_set_seq_off

and save the file. Run your post from UG to check the output.
    Ananth Kulkarni
    THE GREATEST OAK WAS ONCE A NUT WHO HELD ITS GROUND

post Changes

So , if I am understanding this correctly, you can open up a default post, with the .pui extension, in postbuilder & modify it as long as it has not been opened up & changed manually in something like notepad ? We have Postbuilder at work & doesn't look too complicated, but a lot of menu's to choose from & a lot of trial & error for someone like me that has not used it. Programmer's at work post using( Output CLSF), which I assume are 3rd party posts & they wind up editing with notepad to finish up. Adding thing's like M05, M01.M30. & other various codes. I would like to know how to use this feature, Postbuilder, so in the coming week's ,I will post code of what I am getting & post code of what I would like to get. Thank's in advance. Harold C.

Yes Harold you can open a default post provided by UGS and save it as a copy after modifications. Once you hit Save in post builder it creates 3 files. *.pui, *.tcl and *.def. Unless you modify the tcl and def manually they are attached to that pui file.

Post builder came recently and its good.I agree it takes time to understand the menus. Otherwise people like me used to modify the posts through notepad only. That requires a bit knowledge of TCL as well. Creating a post in itself is a R&D work so trial and error are part and parcel of it.

I suggest you bigin with simple customization on post builder. Your requirement (adding M05, M01 M30 etc) also simple so get started with it. you can minimise(upto zero %) the manual intervention. you can always come back to this forum if have any questions.
    Ananth Kulkarni
    THE GREATEST OAK WAS ONCE A NUT WHO HELD ITS GROUND

One of the things to be aware of is the free post processor library that Siemens PLM has available. When your in manufacturing select
    Help - Online Technical Support - Download NC Posprocessor. This wil bring you to the GTAC web site. You will need a Webkey login, also free.

These were all built with Post Builder so they have the .pui, .tcl and .def files
    John Joyce -NC Programming Supervisor
    Barnes Aerospace, Windsor CT