586,588 active members*
2,916 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > MadCAM > Just started playing with madcam

Just started playing with madcam

I've just started to play with madcam, on a real super simple part. First question how do you get the tool paths to show up? I check and the layers that they are on are visible, but no tool paths are showing up like in the video's on the mad cam web site.

Second question is, as you arc off the part, is their any way to get a bit of traveling past were the cutter originally started.

Once a tool path is created, is their a way to get back into the tool path to edit it??? Incase you made a mistake with step, feed speed etc.

Thanks.

Hello,

If there isn’t any toolpaths showing up, it could be that the stock material has the same size and shape as your model. If you like, please upload your model here and I will have a look and create some sample toolpaths.

madCAM creates radial lead-ins and lead-outs on every approach and retract. It will not create an overlap on closed curves, but the lead-in and lead-out will end and start at the seam point of the curve and tangent to the curve. Why would you like it to overlap?

Once the toolpaths are created, you can change the speed and feed that is saved with each cutter. For changing the step, you have to delete the toolpath and recalculate. We are working on this at the moment in madCAM 4.2. It will be possible to select a toolpath, change settings and recalculate.

Joakim