586,075 active members*
4,095 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Bijur oiler adjustment

Since I got my R2E3 back from a retro fit, the oiling system is putting out WAY too much oil. I did some checking and the original set up was energized when the spindle motor was running, and now it is on when the servo drives are on. It cycles every 30 minutes. I know I cannot change the timer, but how do I adjust the amount of oil it puts out every cycle?
    "ain't much that can't be repaired, rebuilt or replaced..."

The maintenance manual explained this. There are 2 set screws in the center of the plunger. One is a locking set screw. The one below it is the sdjuster. Move them down to diminish the oil output.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

If the Bijur lube pump has been set to put out the correct amount of oil, I don't think you want to change it. Does there happen to be a controller output you can use to turn it on and off so it shuts off when the spindle isn't running?

I had this problem too, the guy who did the original control retrofit on a BOSS 6 Series I just wired the lube pump so it was on permanently, so it pumped oil continuously. That was a real problem if I left the machine run out a program at quitting time, in the morning, sixteen hours and thirty two pumps later, there would be a real oil slick under the machine; worse on weekends. The new control had no output available to switch the lube pump off, but I found there was an unused set of auxiliary contacts on each half of the reversing relay for the spindle motor, so I wired the pump through those, wiring the contacts in parallel so the pump had power with the spindle running either forward or reverse.

I've since replaced he spindle motor starter with a VFD, and now I just power the pump through a set of dry contacts built into the VFD. It has the same effect; the pump only runs when the spindle is running. When the program ends, the pump shuts off. I just give it a shot manually at the start of each day.

Dennis

Dennis, I would agree with you, it was originally set up that way and now with it powered by the servo drives the rate or oil delivery is out of whack. I checked the spindle contactors, but there is not a spare contactor like on the old set up. If I was to go that direction, I think I would need another contactor relay.
    I was gonna make the adjustment like machintek said, and discovered that the reservoir was empty. I think I gonna call the machine builder and have them make it correct like it was originally intended.
    "ain't much that can't be repaired, rebuilt or replaced..."