586,114 active members*
3,376 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Free DSTV Viewer?

Hello,

Does anyone know of a free DSTV format viewer? I tried StruWalker from AceCad, but that only reads its own proprietary file format (bsw). It would just be extremely nice to view the result of the code without an NC machine. Thanks.

WorkXPlore 3D

I don't know if this is what you are looking for or not but it might help. The best thing is it's free! Run a search on here for WorkXPlore 3D or you can just follow the link. http://www.sescoi.com/us/products/wo...free-download/

Thanks for the suggestion. I gave it a try, but it is not what I am looking for. I'm looking for a free program that reads a DSTV-formatted nc file and creates a 3-d (or 2-d) visualization of it. I'm trying to learn the format and this would help exponentially.

+1

Hey guys,
    I am available for hire as a consultant on developing and reading in DSTV files. I am the developer of MultiDrillFX http://www.multidrillfx.com/features.html

I've been working on a 3D DSTV viewer, but unfortunately it's not finished enough to release.

If you wanna get ahold of me for a chat etc, email me @ [email protected]

If are you ready to share their development is free then simply to do it)

Exclamation DSTV Viewer 6.0

+1

hello

Smile DSTV Viewer

Vists www.era3.it for new DSTV viewer/excel exports and DXF converter :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Drawer View Post
    Vists www.era3.it for new DSTV viewer/excel exports and DXF converter :-)
    Good likes on the picture, but no demo for better trying

A limited trial well'be available next week. :-)

DSTV Viewer

Trial is available NOW! :-)

Free DSTV viewer with many possibilities

I found this dstv viewer via Google.com and it made me very happy with all its possibilities. You have to fill in your contactdata but ever since i registered (June 21), i haven't had any email from them! So, no spam.

The link is;
    DSTV Viewer

ERA3 DSTV Viewer

Hi,
    I have dowloaded HGG viewer....it's good as 3d viewer but i have come consideration:
    1) 3D Visualization can be good, but it's totally unuseful in an workshop (that need 2D...unfortunately)
    2) where is piece dimensioning? If I want to know position of an hole, or cutting data?
    Try ERA3 Dstv Viewer at www.era3.it

Quote Originally Posted by Drawer View Post
    Hi,
    I have dowloaded HGG viewer....it's good as 3d viewer but i have come consideration:
    1) 3D Visualization can be good, but it's totally unuseful in an workshop (that need 2D...unfortunately)
    2) where is piece dimensioning? If I want to know position of an hole, or cutting data?
    Hi Drawer,

I contacted the helpdesk via the DSTV viewer, just because i think the 3D view is simply great. This answer is given.
    1) Since we offer this DSTV viewer for many different industries, we think a 3D view is prefered. We also believe that intuitive handling will become more common and therefore, having a 3D view will be more used.
    2) We are constantly updating the software, piece dimensioning is one of the updates that will be done on the DSTV Viewer in the near future.

For more information you can use that button as well?

DSTV Viewer

We are constantly updating the software, 3D is one of the updates that will be done on the DSTV Viewer in the near future.
    ;-)

Free DSTV (nc1) viewer /editor

Try ATek Automation's new DSTV viewer/editor!

http://www.atekautomation.com/products.html

view in 2D or 3D
    Automatic and manual dimensioning
    Part printouts
    Export files to various manufacturers
    Graphical part programming with built in standard tools (round,slotted, layouts, stencils)
    Program operations from different reference points
    CAD drawing package to generate and edit copes
    Adjust stencil location by dragging with mouse (common nc1 problem)
    Generate log reports that indicate which files have been verified before sending to the fabricator

ERA3 DSTV Viewer

ATek Viewer has a good interface, but it doesn't support all type of DSTV shape "M, RO, RU".
    I have loaded other Files different from those downloaded and I have encountered some issues (Qty not recognised, 3D incorrect.)
    ERA3 Viewer has loaded and displayed correctly all files (included ATek examples).
    Ok, actually it hasn't 3d...a little thing...

Thank you for feedback Drawer!

You're correct about ATek's editor not supporting round pipe (RO and RU) shape types. It will be available in one of the next few versions. However, the tubing "M" Shape type should work fine. Actually, the first part in our sample files is an "M" shape.

I assume by "Qty," you mean quality (grade)? I'm glad you pointed that out! We will make sure to have an update for that along with some other new features by next week.

Please post any files you are having problems with and we'll be glad to take a look at them!

Also, I'm afraid i have to disagree with you about the 3D view being "totally unuseful in an workshop" from one of your earlier posts. A 3D view becomes extremely beneficial once you start dealing with advanced copes and weld preps. We see many parts that come in with incorrect bevel angles and copes that do not align correctly from one surface to another. Those types of problems can be difficult to detect from a 2D view, but can be costly for fabricators using 3D cutting machines. Also having the ability to view backside layouts and scribes is a plus.