586,108 active members*
3,293 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fagor 8025 MG DNC problems

Hi All,

I've got a 8025mg that refuses to comunicate through DNC. Last week we came in on monday morning to find that the control refused to turn on. I sent the control to Fagor for evaluation, they found a dead CPU. They replaced the CPU, and we got it back and reinstalled it.

The arrangement is exactly the same as before the control left for service, we use WinDNC 4.1 on an older laptop with a serial port. No cables have been changed, I tested the cables for continuity between ends, and all check out.

Fagor used the RS232 port to reload the parameter tables before they sent it back to me.

Parameters all seem right 9600 baud, 8 bit, no parity, 1 stop. P607 parameter seems to have all the right settings.

With DNC turned on, (dnc indicated at the top of the control screen) I try to send a program from the control to the PC and nothing happens. If I try to send a program from the PC to the control, DNC flashes at the top of the screen, but a short bit later the PC indicates transmission error.

I've owned this machine for about 10 years, the current arrangement with the laptop and cables has been the same for at least the last 5 years.

It has been flawless up to this point. I'm baffled by this, and am greatful for any help.

Some new stuff has cropped up today as well. I can't turn the spindle on from the control now, it refuses to accept an 's' input. Also now none of the axis will move with jog inputs from the control, I was getting following error. This was all before just now when the error code 064 (code triggered by the estop button) is there regardless of e-stop position. As well now I get the bad battery code even though Fagor verified that the battery was fine 3 days ago when they had it.

Just to complete this for reference, the problem turned out to be a broken ribbon cable in the control. Fagor tech told me it can happen when removing the power supply.

Thanks For Posting The Solution

That's good information. Thanks for following up with the solution. So many folks don't take the time and it could really help someone out some day.

Glad you got your machine back up and running.

Regards,
    Todd

Thanks. I often refer to old threads when I have issues, but most of these threads go dead before resolution.

Now I just have to figure out why my Z axis home switch isn't working properly. Machine hits the switch and stops for a split second,then continues to creap past it without registering a zero point.