586,069 active members*
3,346 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > Need Help with a cncmaster's jr. plus

Need Help with a cncmaster's jr. plus

Anyone here have much experience with cncmasters jr plus? I just got a really good deal on one, but have a few things i'd like to know before i fie it up.

First of all when it arrived, the cranks on the x and y axis, seemed really hard to turn, i noticed there is a screw that looks to adjust the gibbs. This screw doesn't seem to really tighten it pushes the adjuster part of the gibb to the other side a little more. It seemsm like the more i move this in and out, it changes and moves. Now, i haven't started up the machine as of yet, becaus it seems like maybe, it's not right, too tight, but when i back these out, i get an effect, like something is not straight or is bent.. Do these need to wear in a little, or maybe i should clean and lube them. This machine had supposedly never been turned on. It look as if it hasn't too, but it's been sitting somewhere and may just need to be lubed.

I'm curious as to what the proper method of adjusting these gibbs might be. What do I look for to know that they are adjusted correctly?

Also, does anyone know which post processor will work with this controller, or for any part, say i built a controller, wouldn't the pinouts for the axis, limit switches and e stop, be the info i'd need to set this up in mach3. Does the cad cam software work off of the same post processor.

please help!
    Thanks
    Mark

This gibs are designed in such a manner as not to directly push on the way. The screws adjust the "ANGLE" of the gibs which allows the gibs too "mate" properly with the dovetails. To loose and and the angle is opened up and creates binding, to hard....well the table won't move. Here is what "I" do. I take the steppers motors off (CNC in my case) and actually remove the leadscrew. I slide the table via my hands and adjust the gibs accordingly, I also check for side-to-side binding/slack. It can be a tedious process but it needs to be right.

Also, yes, lube the ways, gibs and leadscrews almost daily depending how much you machine.

-Jason

The gibs are wedges. Turning the adjusting screw clockwise drives in the wedge, removing play and adding drag. Gib settings are always a compromise between friction and precision.
    Joe