Hi all, I have a couple Keling KL-4030 Drivers that work great... however, there has been a problem with one of them as of late... Firstly, I'm not sure the claimed automatic Idle-current reduction works, as the motor get a little hot after sitting idle for 10 minutes since they stay locked up when no step/dir commands are being issued.

There is an Enable signal (+ & -), to cut juice to the motors, that I hooked up and configured Mach to use. It worked for 5 minutes, then nothing from the motor... disconnected the enable signal again, but the motor no longer is locked up when power is applied, I can turn it by hand with a little resistance, however there is only marginally more than with the power off (complete free spin). I checked that it was not the motor, and sure enough it locks up immediately on another driver. Tried a different motor on the drive in question, but it too, seems to have only little shaft resistance when power is applied. I had connected the Enable signal as follows: ENA(+5V) to +5V, ENA- to enable signal from BOB. I am also using Bi-Polar motors rated for 2.2V @ 2A, and they are being powered with a 36V 10A supply, limited to 1.8A on driver... like I said they worked great before this, with no other issue than the moderate heat after 10 mins. of idle.

Anyone else had this problem? Seems that it is a faulty signal on these drives, and will kill it if used... Could this be true of Keling Drives?

Thanks for your help...