586,082 active members*
3,613 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Help in making a 5 axis mill

I just find that the to make a good 3d copy is using a 5 axis machine but as I never create that kind of things my first question would be what kind of software do I need to use the 5 axis and secondly how to make the breakout board

I am collecting the parts of my 6-axis build As soon I collect few parts I will start making it... And I will complete it within 02 months..

As far as Software is concerned, I will use Delcam PowerMill or GibbsCam for 5-axis toolpath generation... However a better free source for you is www.cnc4free.com or serarch for www. rainea.com..All theses softwares are CAM one..

For controlling your machine you can use Mach3, TurboCNC or EMC2 whichever you have...

I don't know but one of my freind here in my country will help me in electronics hardware, He just said me if you can make a 8th axis machine I can make electronics for u...

Best Regards
    Khalid

and about the eletronic part do you know where could I find more info or prints to make one

There are many electronics Guru here in CncZone.. and probably they will help you, I am totally blank in electronic parts.. However I will use SLA7062M moduler cards and I don't know How my freind will make me BOB card for 6-axis machine.. But he can do it as far as I know...

Did you start making your machine ? what are your plans for using this machine?

now I have 6 servos but have diferent size and strength one is a 24v and really powerfull but have 4 cables 2 for power and 2 that goes to something else in the back.
    I am going to start making the estructure as soon as I figured out how the electronic link because the structural part is more practical and in order to make it precise as 0.01mm it takes time and measures.

my plans are varies as I generally work restoring old bikes. it would be useful to make pices that are hard to find.

hmm... Okay.. Many peoples when run for that fine accuracy, never start their build that sooon.. and I hope atleats for couple of years your machine will be on Drawing Board only..

I will make my 6-axis machine complete from MDF , there I will find short comings and will rectify them cheaply... When I have money and the time permits me I will just replicate the MDF machine to steel one

but I have some steel to make it. and in order to start I want to control these servos and then I would invest my time in making the device. And i have a friend that studied cnc design.

Okay... That will be good to make the drawings and collect the parts accordingly first.. Making the servos run is an easy task, lot of companys there to provide you the electronic controller and will help you in installing on the machine.... And CNCZONE is the best sourse that can help you in troubleshooting the machine...

I hope some one will poke their nose in this thread..and we will find some nice discussion

Quote Originally Posted by alexis159 View Post
    now I have 6 servos but have diferent size and strength one is a 24v and really powerfull but have 4 cables 2 for power and 2 that goes to something else in the back..
    I think the two cables goes back to Encoders.. just read following thread and you will find Cheap solution for your 5-axis controller..

Although, I think this is in Beta Phase but it is for hobbiest (as well as professionals) and many great things incorporated when you study the thread in detail..

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64794

I just find a good bob for 5 servos but as was thinking I should do it for 6 servos to alow me the posibility if I want, that the device exchange the tools. now I should try to find drivers for stepers 4 wires and servos 4wires dc.