586,036 active members*
4,357 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question Program restart issues HTC400 M-Plus

I am going brain dead.
    I have a HTC 400 with the M-Plus
    Programs using EIA
    How do I restart in the middle of a program - I call the program out to view in the "window" but I cannot get the cursor into the view.

Thanks

I don't remember the exact procedure but you need to have a "N" number at the point you want to restart from. Put a N block at each tool change line so N1T01 is tool 1 N2T02 is tool 2 etc. When you get to the part were you enter sequence number for restart that would be the tool you want to restart from. You need to press the "sequence number search" "Input" and it should find the proper N number to start on. Then "Cycle Start". Again, I am going from memory and don't have a machine handy to try it out so I may be a little off but that's roughly what you need to do. I have an M+ at my shop and will get it exact if you need it later.

For M+....

Be in "MEMORY" mode. Go to the EIA MONITOR screen. Cursor down to where you want to start. Select the "RESTART NON MODAL" button on the screen. The line should highlight. Press "CYCLE START" button.... You don't 'need' a line number (N). You can start anywhere. Just be sure you start from a line that will read the info you need though (Work offset, B axis, coolant, spindle on, speed, G43, etc, etc).

If you want to skip start somewhere in mid cut or tool operation for EIA... that's another story...
    It's just a part..... cutter still goes round and round....

My memory did fail me. The method I described is used on the M2 control with no EIA monitor screen.