586,444 active members*
3,032 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > Mentors & Apprentice Locator > Looking for fellow cnc entusiast in CT
Page 1 of 2 12

Question Looking for fellow cnc entusiast in CT

I am in north central connecticut and would like to know if anyone else is out there in CT.
    I have a several machines running on Mach3 and Deskcnc.
    I am willing to help the newbie or learn from the more experinced.

Mike

total newbie here from just east of river in ct

Quote Originally Posted by ct2008 View Post
    total newbie here from just east of river in ct
    Very cool.
    Let me know how being a newbie is going.

Mike
    Warning: DIY CNC may cause extreme hair loss due to you pulling your hair out.

Getting to square TWO

Hi,

I'm in NW CT. I'm at square one, the desire to make a cnc router. I'd like too avoid a big false start and and could use some mentoring and direction.

Perhaps the CT people should meet for coffee?

Stan

Coffee anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by stanv View Post
    Hi,

I'm in NW CT. I'm at square one, the desire to make a cnc router. I'd like too avoid a big false start and and could use some mentoring and direction.

Perhaps the CT people should meet for coffee?

Stan
    I would love to have a get together for coffe and such.

Any proposed locations for coffe?
    We could get together at my place fora little show and tell but that will have to wait untill after the holidays as things are quite busy around here right now.

Mike

Get together

Hello , I'm in S. Central MA. I would be interested in trying to get together. The folks in NH get together quite often and really seem to learn a lot from each others ventures and experience. I think it could be a real benefit for all.

Dick

Get together

Quote Originally Posted by Dick L. View Post
    Hello , I'm in S. Central MA. I would be interested in trying to get together. The folks in NH get together quite often and really seem to learn a lot from each others ventures and experience. I think it could be a real benefit for all.

Dick
    Hi Dick,

I like the idea of getting together and bouncing idea's around even if it is just 2 or three of us to start. I do it now, but it is just one of us at the moment

I think the first few meetings should be done at a public place like a Friendly's or Denny's or somewhere. I am willing to drive so it doesn't have to be near my house.

This Saturday looks good to me, say 10:00 am, this way we miss the breakfast and lunch crowds or we could do it in the evening which is tougher for me but doable. Either way I am flexible on times.

We just need to pick a location.

Mike

Meeting Saturday

Mike. It looks like your in the middle, I'm east of you , others are south and west. What's easy access around you. Saturday at 10 works for me.

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by Dick L. View Post
    Mike. It looks like your in the middle, I'm east of you , others are south and west. What's easy access around you. Saturday at 10 works for me.

Dick
    There is a Friendly's on route 44 at the intersection of 44 and 167 right on the Canton, Avon, Simbury line. It is 5 min for me and is pretty easy to get to. If anyone has a different location in mind let me know. I will get the big table in the corner.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by TOTALLYRC View Post
    There is a Friendly's on route 44 at the intersection of 44 and 167 right on the Canton, Avon, Simbury line. It is 5 min for me and is pretty easy to get to. If anyone has a different location in mind let me know. I will get the big table in the corner.

Mike
    So far it is Dick L. and I getting together tommorow. We will be meeting at the rt44 friendlies just 3 blocks east of the intersection of rte 44 and 167.10:00 am. Send me a pm or respond here if you are going to show up.

Mike

The get together went well. In attendance was Dick L., Stanv and myself.
    A good time was had buy the three of us over coffee. We discussed where we are currently and where each of us is heading in the future.

We seem to have a nice mix of abilities. Dick is a long time machinist with years of cnc under his belt, Stan is a total noobie but has a fair knowledge of Autocad, and I have a pretty good handle on how to wire stuff and put it together.

Looks like we will me again next month for more of the same. If you would like to join us and are within driving distance , let me know by PM or reply to this post.
    We are open to meeting at different places so no one has to drive too far every meeting. Stan and I live fairly close together and Dick had quite a drive. Next meeting will most likely be in Dick's neck of the woods or possibly at his shop. We will let you know where it will be held and what the date is going to be.

Mike

hey i finally have my car in working order again, is everyone planning a meet up this month.

hey totally i sent you a pm

Lets get together again as the first time was great with lots of idea's floating around.

I think Dick L. said we would meet near or at his place this time. I am open for most weekends. We could always meet and take My minivan, as it has 7 passenger seating, to the meeting. Of course anyone else in the area should contact me here or by PM if they would like to come.

Mike

Smile One more to the group!

Gentlemen,
    I live in Bristol and would be interested in joining you guys, perhaps at your next meeting. I'm a mechanical engineer with CAD/CAM/CNC experience. I've been designing and collecting parts (including Mach3) to build large CNC router. Unfortunately, too many other priorities have "stalled" this project's servo drive. I know a few other local Mach users who may also be interested. Let me know when/where the next event is.
    Regards,
    Dan

Next meeting date?

Hi Dan,

I am open to suggestions as to when and where we can get together.
    Saturday the 17th, or the 24th looks good to me. I can't do weeeknights as I work third shift and I have to sleep sometime. Even though sleep is overated.

Dick L. is busy this month but Stan and I are ready and willing to get together for more cnc comversation. Bristol would be a good place to get together as Stan and I don't live that far away. Last time we met at a friendlies for coffe and conversation. If this bunch grows to beyond 10 people, I guess we will have to name it and call it an official club. Sounds like a plan to me.

Ask the other Mach users and get back to me either here or by PM.

Mike

Unhappy Meeting to be held in Feburary.

Due to everyone either being out of town, sick, or having other family matters to attend to, we will wait untill February to have our next meeting.

I am looking at Feb 7th, at a secret location. The location must be a secret because we haven't decided yet. Let me know what looks good. If nobody else has any idea's, we can do friendlies in avon on the Canton, Avon, Simsbury town line right on rte 44. Unless my workshop is safe for visitors by then, but it sure isn't right now.

As always, I am willing to travel to meet new people, so I am open to suggestions as to where and when.

Mike

Hey Mike,
    I realize this is and older thread but im new to machining industry and I sure can use a "mentor" . If your still willing to help some one that would be great because I sure can use it. I live in New Haven.But I can Get to where ever.
    Thanks
    Anthony

Hi Anthony.
    I just responded to your PM.
    I am still active and get together with some people from time to time. If more people are interested we can form a club. Nothing too formal but a club non the less.

Sorry I dont check my PMs as much as I should Ill respond now thank you.

Hi Arich,
    No problems.
    I am still looking to get together with other people. I currently have 2 others that get together infrequently to discuss and help each other out with CNC stuff.

Mike

Page 1 of 2 12