587,478 active members*
3,288 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > CNC Machine Related Electronics > CNC Brain is ready! 6-axis Double Closed Loop Controller

Hybrid View

I may have missed this, but are there any plans to integrate a nice toolpath display? I combed over the website and only see screenshots showing the Gcode text commands.

P.S. If the Vision system stuff is even half true...I'll trade my first born for a CNCbrain!!

Quote Originally Posted by CNCAddict View Post
    I may have missed this, but are there any plans to integrate a nice toolpath display? I combed over the website and only see screenshots showing the Gcode text commands.

P.S. If the Vision system stuff is even half true...I'll trade my first born for a CNCbrain!!
    Addict, I can't give you proof that you would accept, (my word), but the vision stuff is true. Is your first born a boy or girl? At one time Bruce had quite a bit more info about himself on the site but thought it detracted from what he is trying to do with the Brain at the moment and decided to take that info down. I will give you a hint.

Do you remember the unmanned vehicle races in the desert of California that had to navigate themselves across the desert without remote control?

Let me just say that Bruce has nearly as much experience with "vision" as he does with processing.

Now what is that firstborn's name?

Mike
    No greater love can a man have than this, that he give his life for a friend.

**Switcher, Ger21,

Yes, "comment tag". Excellent idea! And the video should be on the "Run" tab where you put it Switcher. Another tab to help insert (record annotations, browse, etc).

What would be useful is to use the area you've used on the "Run" tab to show video/pictures. If the uses needs it expanded, one click it enlarges, another click is shrinks back down.

I'm amazed! I walked around when I first saw the post just shaking my head, muttering.

**Dan,
    You're a very sharp guy ... and can humble someone fast! You've found so many bugs and had so many great ideas!

For everyone's note, the Parallel Axis (two axis to act as one G105), is his most excellent idea.

**CNCAddict,
    First born not necessary

Been involved in several vision systems. On the PC, handwriting recognition (so have a ton of tools just sitting around for finding shapes, patterns, math). On the more extreme end, binocular image processing for robotic navigation (the bulk of this is in hardware).

Taking the PC based stuff first since it is easier to "adapt". The algorithm works opposite as most might think. Typically, you tell a system to find a line like "this". In these libraries, it finds a pattern and creates and equation of the shape for you to compare.

This lets it take an image and resolve it to a set of contrast lines at the boundaries (summarized as equations ... tiny bit of data). We then just rotate/scale the equations to see if it is a match.

To limit the number of patterns (which is the real difficulty), the interface will be asked to find an "object" you defined. Over time, we'll see how far we can push it.

**Turmite,
    Let's see. The picture Jog buttons are your idea, which I really like. Could never remember which button moved where. Some of the order of the tabs for work flow.

And a dozen other things. You're a sharp guy ... and practical to a fault!

**All,
    Thank you! This little CNC Brain has become something larger than we could have created on our own. It is really your CNC Brain!

You've solved so many problems. It is simply amazing! We hope to do your talents justice.

Can't wait to see where this goes!

s/Bruce

Im reading every post with great interest while I patiently wait for the threading enabled software release

Keep up the good work and thanks for the frequent updates!

Pablo

So there will not be a toolpath display?