586,103 active members*
3,882 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Talking Comunication problem

undefined Hello everyone !!!!
    There is one problem in comunication between CNC and host PC. The CNC is manufactured by Cleveland motions and the model is Burny 10 LCD with OS Windows XP. The error happens at the end of comunication. The program used in host PC has DOS language. I think the problem is that: the difference between OS used. The CNC uses Windows XP and it does not have a DOS, just a prompt, so that they are incompatible. Am I right? Are there any advice to solve the problem?

Thanks

Alex S.A

Hi Alex,

The problem should be solved by using the correct character at the end of the transmission. I suppose this would be a % sign, as this is most common. Your communications software might require that this character be entered as a control character in setup, in which case, having one also in the text at the end of your program would mean that two instances of "%" get sent. This could be a problem.

Some communications software requires a special code to send a control character, such as @037 to send the percentage character as an ASCII character value, for example.
    First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

It should not make any difference that the PC you are using to send is dos based. I have not used the Burny 10 , but earlier Burny models used a control-D or Hex 4 as an end of file. You did not say what the error was, the control usually specifies the error and should be able to find it in the manual. Also make sure the protocol and the handshake is set up the same both ends. Although you get the error message at the end, is the file still sent?
    Al
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

I got more informations about the problem. The CNC does not read the last line of the program. I think the solution of the problem can be what the Huflungdung wrote.
    The CAM software is from Lantek.
    I hope this help,
    Alex S.A

Smile Just one question ...

Hit to all. Is there a Post Processor in your case ? Lantek shoul process it correctly or otherwise you have problems. That problem could have a few answers and could be related to this one. However im not an expert on the subject. I just work with Lantek Expert Lite and Burny 2.5 and also have a few problems with the post and dnc.
    Hope that you already have the solution for it Anyway if you want , just post the generated file and i will take a look
    Take care

WOW sorry i understand it badly... Your problem is the CNC-to-PC sending correct ? If so, i supose that the problem is on the opposite side ( CNC ). Anyway sorry guys