586,114 active members*
3,143 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

pcboards and screen printing

I have access to a tshirt screen printing shop. I help set it up including building some of the process equipment. My question is could a screen printing process be used to prep pc boards for etching, if you use a pattern laid out on a high mesh count silkscreen. Plastisol ink would make a great etch barrier. I just have to figure out how to get the fixed plastisol off the etched board after etching.... Any ideas from the group?? This process would be virtually zero expense to me, as far as silkscreens, plastisol and screen blocker, and emulsion for silkscreen prep. I would be happy to trade work for work if a good process could be found.... Is it worth the time to develop a process?? Give me your opinions and ideas.....

it does work! that how I make my PC boards. I am a silkscreen printer and have screened a few boards before. I use a 255 mesh screen and have had success with Nazdar 9700 and one of the Nazdar laquer inks I can get a part number if you want it. both work well for a resist and will wash off with laquer thinner or screen wash. As for the art work, one of the artist at work makes the film positives for me but a inkjet printer can be made to work with the right film.i'm going to be screening a board soon and will get some pics for you as i do it.