586,535 active members*
3,094 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Daewoo/Doosan > Daewoo 200b/Fanuc 21i-T Model A

Unhappy Daewoo 200b/Fanuc 21i-T Model A

We recently purchased a used Daewoo Lynx 200 b with a Fanuc 21i-T Model A controller. When I touch the tool off the face of my part (Z-axis) and rapid to 0.100 in front of the part, my tool is actually 0.050 from the face. I get a similiar result if I feed 0.100 into the part (Z-axis), the tool only moves 0.050.

We did not get a programming manual for the control or an original parameter list. The machine was set up for metric, but I changed it over to inch. The programs that are in the machine are all parametric, and I thought maybe some serious changes were made to the parameters.

Anyone have any ides? Also, does anyone have original parameters for similar machine so I can compare?

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Nick

Do you have a work shift active?

No, I do not have any workshifts active. The machine is acting like the mirror image is on on both axis, but is not. I am wondering if there is a parameter that may override this setting somewhere within the parameter list.

Nick

I was doing some other digging and found that when I zero returned the machine: machine position read X 24.8920 Z 31.4960. Also the actual and relative positions read the same as the machine position. From my understanding, when the machine is a 'Home' position, the machine position should be zero for X and Z.

After homing the machine, I decided to move the machine until zero was read in both axis in the machine position. Z0.0 what about a 0.500 into the face of the chuck, and X0.0 was about 0.250 from centerline.

I am very confused. I have contacted both Fanuc and Doosan with very little help from either.

Thanks for any help you people can supply.

Nick

What are the values in the "wear" and "geometry" offsets for the tool?

Okay,

Geometry offsets are X 1.2555 Z 0.0
    Wear Offsets are X0 and Z0
    Workshift is X0 and Z-8.776

When we got the machine, there were no workshifts. The people that we got the machine from suggested I set the workshift to see if something would change. I have used workshifts in the past, so this suggestion made little sense to me. Before I set the Z workshift, the Z geometry offset number was not zero (but I can't remember off the top of my head what is was).

Nick

Nick,

The Lynx machines I've set up recently were equipped with Q-setters (tool presetter). Does your machine have one of these? Also, they've had Work Coordinates (G54 to G59). Does yours? If so, do you have any values in any of these?

The machine and relative positions should not read 0 at "home". If you look at parameter #1240 X and Z, you should see a metric equivalent of X24.8920 (632257) and Z31.4960 (766313). The numbers in your machine sound large for a L200.

X0 is usually based on the centerline of a boring holder, so your X Geometry Offset for a boring holder should be 0. For a boring bar, the Geo Offset will be the theoretical diameter that the bar should cut at X0.

Z0 is usually based on the locating surface of a turning holder being 1.25" from the face of the chuck. This would place your standard 1.25" turning tool on the face of the chuck at Z0.

If you don't have a Q-setter, I believe you have to press the Tool Measure button before you MEASUR the offset. How are you touching off your tools?

Do you have either the Instruction, Operation, Parts List, or Electrical Diagram manuals for your machine? Let me know the serial number and I'll see what I can find.

Dave

Dave,

My machine does have a presetter, but it does not function. The G54-59 work coordinates do not contain any info (they did, but I cleared them out to see if symptoms would change, they did not.)

In parameter 1240, the values are X=24.8920 and Z=31.4960...NOT the metric equivalents (I did not mess with these numbers). I thought the same as you, that these numbers did not seem to match the machine tool.

When I touch off tools, I bring the tool to the face of the part in handle, until I contact a piece of paper, press the 'Tool Measure' button (hard key) and then the measure button (soft key). The process is basically the same for X, but I cut part of the stock and mic it (if possible).

I do not have any of the manuals or diagrams that you mentioned. What I recieved with the machine was a Parameter manual, the check out sheet for all the systems, and a generic Daewoo 'programming' manual (basic G/M codes, not control specific). I will have to get back to you with the serial number in the morning, as I am not at work right now.

Thanks for you help.

Nick

After you press the Tool Offset button, do you key in "Z0" then MEASUR?

Your original post said the machine was set up for metric, but you changed it over to inch. What exactly did you change to do this?

It sounds as if the Machine Position is displayed in mm. 248.920mm = 9.8in. and 314.960mm = 12.9" (sounds more reasonable for this machine)

Check parameter #3104 bit 0. It should = 1 to display the machine position according to the unit of input.

I do enter 'Z 0' before I press the measure soft key.

To change over to inch...I pressed the Offset/Settings hard key. Pressed the Settings soft key, paged down until I found inch/metric, and changed that bit to a 1 for inch.

Parameter 3104 bit 0 is 1.

What if you jog the machine any distance from "home" and command T0100, then zero return the machine? Does the position screen then show something different?

Smile

Thanks everyone for your help. After reading Daves last post, I thought about how I changed the machine over to inch. Before I changed the bit on the (Handy) screen of the PWE page for MM/Inch to a 1, I changed 1001 bit 0 to 1. This in turn had changed the metric measurements of each axis to output in inches instead of converting them into inches, giving me the weird readings.

Again, thanks for your help. This is a great website and i will continue to use it!!

Well, I'm stumped. What happens if you do an incremental move, say W-.5? Does Z move -0.5000? Did you find the serial number yet?

Serial number is L200 1753 manufacture date of 10/2000.

Everything is working fine now.

cnc tool setters and setting

Tool setters for vertical cnc. I am trying to trace down a contact setter for our v-33 makino--one that is the simple large button about 7/8 diamter. The renishaw ts27r wont do, its design is fatally flawed, and the laser of course does not work well or at all in many circumstances. I do rapid prototyping molds and the tools have to blend. Of course nothing is as accurate as the spacer block method with the tool in the machine but a somewhat close contact setter is convenient for myself and others.. There is a company in Japan called metrol--but they are impossible to make contact with--they however have the basic concept of a cutter coming down on a round button... It was too bad about the laser--but they do not work well and CANNOT work well because of the WAY they work. Setting off line on the surface plate is not fast or accurate enough and is not cost effective for our application. The vision based setters are also not behoovious for our application.. My personal choice of course is the 1 inch spacer block method--since that truly is the last and final word....The various indicator setters or electonic light setters are somewhat cute--(but then you unleash a can of worms as far as shop logic.) (Problems setting the cutters can often metasticise and lead to disorietation and vertigo with running warm up programs and such.....) this is my first post after discovering this site.. thanks jc Motorola

Quote Originally Posted by JCMills View Post
    Tool setters for vertical cnc. I am trying to trace down a contact setter for our v-33 makino--one that is the simple large button about 7/8 diamter. The renishaw ts27r wont do, its design is fatally flawed, and the laser of course does not work well or at all in many circumstances. I do rapid prototyping molds and the tools have to blend. Of course nothing is as accurate as the spacer block method with the tool in the machine but a somewhat close contact setter is convenient for myself and others.. There is a company in Japan called metrol--but they are impossible to make contact with--they however have the basic concept of a cutter coming down on a round button... It was too bad about the laser--but they do not work well and CANNOT work well because of the WAY they work. Setting off line on the surface plate is not fast or accurate enough and is not cost effective for our application. The vision based setters are also not behoovious for our application.. My personal choice of course is the 1 inch spacer block method--since that truly is the last and final word....The various indicator setters or electonic light setters are somewhat cute--(but then you unleash a can of worms as far as shop logic.) (Problems setting the cutters can often metasticise and lead to disorietation and vertigo with running warm up programs and such.....) this is my first post after discovering this site.. thanks jc Motorola
    We've had good luck with the Blum Z-Nano setters on VMC's. They're accurate to within a couple of tenths.

http://www.blum-novotest.de/index.ph...eflect_base%3D