586,670 active members*
3,149 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > UG NX > NX Training..other IMTS musings

NX Training..other IMTS musings

Actual question is, has anybody went through the training offered on Siemens web site? If so what did you think?
    And while we are at it what does everybody think of NX Design?

I went to IMTS with a detailed plan, lots of notes for the company's I had emphasized...so of course it all went to hell in a hurry. Once I finally got to lakeside hall (waaaaay over there) I didn't have my prepared sheet (chair)

I was stumbling around trying to remember all of the Cad Cam booths I needed to hit. For some reason I couldn't connect Siemens (booth name) and UG-NX

So 5 days and I didn't make connection with them. Lakeside hall seemed like the red head stepchild of the show. It was so far away from everything else you really couldn't jump back and forth. Anybody else go?
    Gary

I didn't go, but I've heard the same comments from several people.

Apparently, we made the mistake of assuming the entire free world was aware
    that we are no longer "UGS", and are now part of the megalithic Siemens.
    I will be sure to remind our marketing department. Thanks for the feedback.

Be Well
    "Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong!"
    T Briggs (CAM dude) - Siemens PLM Software

All my fault for screwing up with my notes. Thats why you have to make a plan when you do a monster show like this or SEMA. Once you get there its too late.
    A name change is hard just ask all of the taxi drivers (sleeper cell recruits) That tried to find my hotel...but sir is it the Radisson or The Avenue?...its both....but sir....
    Finally talked with Siemens the other day. I think I know now why there is so little action on this board and others with this software. Price $26,000 for Mach 3 (who picked Mach for a name..). But that is just the start. Then there is the post's. I told them for 26,000 I would get those for free...kind of a long silence. Then the first year maintenance is up front...UP Front...
    So the price goes to 35,000+ all training+....the search continues.

Quote Originally Posted by Kool Parts View Post
    All my fault for screwing up with my notes. Thats why you have to make a plan when you do a monster show like this or SEMA. Once you get there its too late.
    A name change is hard just ask all of the taxi drivers (sleeper cell recruits) That tried to find my hotel...but sir is it the Radisson or The Avenue?...its both....but sir....
    Finally talked with Siemens the other day. I think I know now why there is so little action on this board and others with this software. Price $26,000 for Mach 3 (who picked Mach for a name..). But that is just the start. Then there is the post's. I told them for 26,000 I would get those for free...kind of a long silence. Then the first year maintenance is up front...UP Front...
    So the price goes to 35,000+ all training+....the search continues.
    Siemens has a library of post processors for free.

No it is not cheap, you do however get what you pay for.

You can get online training a www.myigetit.com
    John Joyce -NC Programming Supervisor
    Barnes Aerospace, Windsor CT

Training

Thumb's up on, www.myigetit.com, been a subscriber for about 3 month's. Good resource for beginner's & Intermediate level. Good book to have is, ( Basic And Intermediate NX5 Modeling, Drafting, And Assemblies ) from Design Visionaries . I keep hearing hearing we are going to be sent for training to Siemens, but I don't see that happening. So I will go this route to get the training I need. These resource's & a lot of seat time will produce the result's I need . Smile. GOD love's you ! Harold C.

Quote Originally Posted by weirdharold View Post
    Thumb's up on, www.myigetit.com, been a subscriber for about 3 month's. Good resource for beginner's & Intermediate level. Good book to have is, ( Basic And Intermediate NX5 Modeling, Drafting, And Assemblies ) from Design Visionaries . I keep hearing hearing we are going to be sent for training to Siemens, but I don't see that happening. So I will go this route to get the training I need. These resource's & a lot of seat time will produce the result's I need . Smile. GOD love's you ! Harold C.
    That's an interesting looking book, Harold. Do you have it? Thoughts?

Thanks for the recommendation.
    Hey, why's it going over there?!!

Thoughts

I bought the book, roughly, 3 week's ago. I am pleased with it. About 500 pages, & 23 chapters with CD- ROM, 120 projects. Having said that, I can only give you my opinion based on that length of time. The book is informative, starting with basic stuff, like NX5 Interface, then Basic Curves, Editing Entities, Sketches, Intermediate Curves & so on. It , the book, lead's you , step by step, on what menu to select, & what box's to select or de-select on included project's. I can give you Names of all 23 Chapter's if you like. They all have sub-topic's under them. But I will say this. My subscription at www.myigetit.com seem's to cover what's in this book, & more. I may have been a little hasty in ordering the book. Not to say it's not a informative book, because it is, easy to follow, & easy to understand. I may have bought a resource that was allready available to me. I like to look at it this way, if I can learn a few short-cut's or tip's from it, then I haven't wasted my money, & I feel I will do just that with this book. To sum it up, if one is at a beginner or intermediate level with NX5, & no other resource, & want info on modeling, drafting, & assemblies, good book to have. Hope this help's. Any question's, just post. Have a Great Day !! Harold C.

And by the way, I am not connected to myigetit other than I am a paying subscriber, & I think the site is great !

NX Training

Quote Originally Posted by weirdharold View Post
    I bought the book, roughly, 3 week's ago. I am pleased with it. About 500 pages, & 23 chapters with CD- ROM, 120 projects. Having said that, I can only give you my opinion based on that length of time. The book is informative, starting with basic stuff, like NX5 Interface, then Basic Curves, Editing Entities, Sketches, Intermediate Curves & so on. It , the book, lead's you , step by step, on what menu to select, & what box's to select or de-select on included project's. I can give you Names of all 23 Chapter's if you like. They all have sub-topic's under them. But I will say this. My subscription at www.myigetit.com seem's to cover what's in this book, & more. I may have been a little hasty in ordering the book. Not to say it's not a informative book, because it is, easy to follow, & easy to understand. I may have bought a resource that was allready available to me. I like to look at it this way, if I can learn a few short-cut's or tip's from it, then I haven't wasted my money, & I feel I will do just that with this book. To sum it up, if one is at a beginner or intermediate level with NX5, & no other resource, & want info on modeling, drafting, & assemblies, good book to have. Hope this help's. Any question's, just post. Have a Great Day !! Harold C.

And by the way, I am not connected to myigetit other than I am a paying subscriber, & I think the site is great !

I am connected to www.myigetit.com and I thank you!
    John Joyce -NC Programming Supervisor
    Barnes Aerospace, Windsor CT

Siemens training:

I have been thru the Introdutory and Intermediate Modeling courses at UGS in Cypress (LA) and I give the class room instruction and instuuctors an A and the networking opportunity an A+, but the printed material a D at best. Some of the graphics are barely readable, sorry UGS today there is just no excuss for poor quality print. Because the cost is high especially when you add the travel & expenses for the week in LA you're talking well over $2k.

This is why I have been promoteing myigetit.com as well...
    Excellent quality, convienent, and with the skill asessments and certifications you get employeer verifiable training. Check out the company's who use this training for their employees...

You just can't find better training, at your convienence, at a really fair price.
    Scott_bob

So these bundles include literature they actually send or is it downloaded??

I just started working in the design area for a Plastics company and it would really help me with mold manufacturing....