586,443 active members*
2,806 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: NEW TO HURCO

Question NEW TO HURCO

Hey y'all

I have been machining for 5 years and am a j-men machinist. I primarily am a g-code guy with experience in Esprit and Mastercam programming. I just recently took a position with a smaller jobber shop and i am the main guy for a HURCO VMX42 vertical m/c. Going from g-code to this so far has been mostly weird! The controller to me almost looks like a video gaming console!? Does anyone have any advice for picking up the conversational side to this simple looking control? or websites/books etc?

Learning Hurco Control

You can contact Hurco at our office regarding training schedules, (800) 634-2416, held in Indianapolis - we hold a class every month. You can also call and ask for the mill applications department for information.

It would help if you provide the version of software you have when you call; check by pressing the "Input" button. On that screen will be the software version.

Hurco Applications
    Regards,
    Christopher Thale

hurco manuals

each hurco mill comes with a cdrom which contains the operators manual and parts list and wiring diagrams. take a look around and see if you can locate it. the files are in pdf format and can be printed and copied as needed. if you are unable to loocate them, you may be able to gett a copy from your local distributor or hurco direct.

ron

I sell a manual that is very easy to use. I will send you a page to review. Let me know what you think. I use to be the senior application engineer at Hurco U.S. for several years. pm me and I will send you a page.
    Jetski (alias Tooling and Engineering Czar)
    "I may not have the keys to success.. but I have learned to pick the locks"

The VMX42 is a great machine. I have been running ours since it was new 4 years ago. If you run into a problem I might be able to help. The best thing is to start playing around and looking at the graphics. I am betting that you can pick it up in a very short time for the most part. There will always be challenges that might take a little time to figure out but for the most part it is a really easy package to learn. Heck if I can learn it anyone can...lol.

Bernie