5,144 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Cimnet BTR problem ??

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows how to make a Cimnet BTR
    read a binary executive tape on my Allen Bradley 7320 cnc control,
    my executive tape is getting old and I would like to put it on a PC
    disk and load without tape, is any special software needed???

any help is Appreciated
    Dave.

owner of a old Monarch VMC150 with AB 7320 control...

Some manufacturers of BTR will offer this service, I know ShopFloor Automations do.
    I once did a conversion of a Fanuc tape reader to RS232 serial so that tapes could be converted to floppy format.
    If you have a BTR I guess there is no way on the Allen-Bradley to dump the executive out via the BTR?
    Al
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

cimnet btr on AB7320 exectapes

Hi Dave;

I sell Cimnet, ADR Nc Connector and Rybett BTR's. I also Have an exectape
    copy service to Upload customers Exec Tapes to disk. Price $450.00.
    All the BTR's can send the exectape into your control after the tape stored as a binary file on a the hard drive or floppy disk. The software used to transfer the binary file. I use the PC Editor for all Windows 95 thru XP and Rybett Camb for Dos.

Feel free for more information Bill Timm
    [email protected]
    I have done many AB7300/20/60 exectape copy/transfers to disk.

Btr

Good morning,

I have installed and used the BTR on a G&L horizontal mill. It had a tape read and we changed it out to BTR. They work great. We purchased the BTR from WesternNumerical Control. Not sure if they still make them but worth a try.
    Have a good day. The PC did need software to run for sending and receiving programs.

Have a good day.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails nemi.com2.jpg  

We're using Cimnet for global communications on our machines and the older Allen-Bradley 7360 controllers do so-so but much better than threading that tape! I'm trying to UPLOAD a program but this seems to be a problem . . . does anyone know the steps to UPLOAD from this control through Cimnet?

The Cimnet BTR on a AB7360 CNC Works very well. What type of tape are you trying to upload? The software you are using is important so is the PC port buffer settings. I specailze in the Binary Exectapes uplaoding and sent to the control thru the BTR. Type of tape file AscII, EIA or Binary

Bill Timm 702 897 1385

Uploading from the tape to the control isn't exactily what I need help with, it's uploading to the HOST or to the Cimnet directory on our network. DNC Professional software runs the program Communicator in the background on each machine PC and the program Controller is used for the operator to download machine program files such as Ws001.tap and as maintenance, we download machine operating programs such as 1014exec.brm using the instructions below:
    Procedure to Load Program:
    1. Turn control off and open the cabinet door. (If needed, set the bypass door switch by pulling out, (top right – looks like a screw-head).
    2. Locate the UPV2000 board is in Slot 5, See P. 11 of Series 7300 Processor Troubleshooting for location and UPV2000 Installation Procedure for erasing memory prior to reloading.
    3. Turn the Control on.
    4. On the BTR select “Host-Control” then select “GO”.
    5. On the computer, select program and download. (i.e. 559exec.brm).
    6. On the tape reader panel, push “HALT” then “BBL” and the program will then download and the “Forward and “Network” LEDs will flash for several minutes. (The machine number status turns from green to blue and the BTR LEDs become idle. Notice that the % of program downloaded status can be displayed by right-clicking the machine icon or name in the left window & selecting “Machine Details”.
    7. After the download is complete, turn the control off, then on.
    8. If download is not successful or partially successful with several tries, reboot the PC.

My issue is to UPLOAD from the Controller to the HOST or somehow getting the program in the machine back to the Cimnet folder on the network.

Thanks!

The AB7300 parallel punch port or rs 232 port need to be connected to the
    facit 25 pin or the aux 9 pin serial port on the cimnet BTR. The proper BRM file to activate the port needs to be loaded into the Cimnet BTR.
    Once this is done select from the Operator box punch to host, go
    On the AB punch out the file from the punch port.
    good luck Bill
    the fact parallel on the AB7300 is a 35 pin round cannon connector

Unhappy .brm file with Basic Loader & exec Tape information

Does anyone have a .brm file containing the Basic Loader and exec Tape information for a Cincinnati Lathe 51-CNC-TV21 ? Our tape reader is trashed and we have dumped the main program to run. Any help would be appreciated. We have a .brm file but not the correct origional to download using DNC software. We're using a BTR and CIMNET software.
    Thanks