586,103 active members*
3,453 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 4 123

C10 break out board

Bought and received a C10 break out board and guess what, it looks NOTHING like the drawings Kelling offers!!

No way to know how to set the jumpers nor how to wire it!!

Does anyone have a clue about this?
    “ In questions of power, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by jhowelb View Post
    Bought and received a C10 break out board and guess what, it looks NOTHING like the drawings Kelling offers!!

No way to know how to set the jumpers nor how to wire it!!

Does anyone have a clue about this?
    I have ordered one of them as well, not here yet (in transit) and now you have me wondering what I have bought? I used the piccy when I purchased it to be sure of what I was getting

I guess we will know when it arrives!
    Cheers, Bob
    http://www.ocm.com.au/wordpress/

Smile

We use the c10 all the time, post a picture.

Jeff...

Does it look like http://www.kelinginc.net/c10.pdf ?
    Cheers, Bob

Both those links reference this board and probably are an earlier encantation.

Smoke is too expensive to go on a wing and a prayer!!

Here is a pic, I've laid over id tags on some of the pins and jumpers!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_2060.jpg  
    “ In questions of power, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” Thomas Jefferson

Smile

This is the board you have, it is not a CNCPC C10 however it should be very good since it is opto isolated.

The C10 is buffered but not opto isolated

See attached link:

http://tinyurl.com/3zv6tz

Jeff....

Dear Sir

1: We have 2 Kinds of breakout boards:
    one Breakout board C10 from www.cnc4pc.com
    One is imported from China. Both are good. You can use it
    Here is the wiring sample.
    http://www.kelinginc.net/KL4030wiring.pdf
    If you like C10, pls send me back, we will pay you shipping fee and send you a brand new C10.

www.kelinginc.net

There are two jumpers on this board with jumpers in place. In this condition, what is the status of the terminal pins?

What happens when each of the jumpers are removed?

Unless these questions are answered the board is useless.

The job is not finished till the paper work is done!! So far, Kellings documentation SUCKS!!!

There are two jumpers on this board with jumpers in place. In this condition, what is the status of the terminal pins?

What happens when each of the jumpers are removed?
    I hope you get an answer, the reason I ordered the C10 was that the G251's require that the signal is to be ground and not the +5 volt that some of these boards use.
    Cheers, Bob

Had a phone conversation with Kelling, Inc. Between the ringing in my ears caused by intense battle noise in the 60's and his English as a second language very little information was exchanged.

I was assured that I should use the board as is and not worry about the jumpers because the jumpers were to provide functions other than the use I would put the card to. As I have not yet indicated to anyone exactly what purpose I intend to use the card for I did not find much comfort in his reassurances.

When I pressed for what effect removing the jumpers would have he answered "I don't know".

If he doesn't, who would?

Let the buyer beware!!

That must fill you with happiness, that is not what you would expect

You would have to hope that there is a position to change the +5 volts to a ground if you require it though.

Mine is not here yet so I don't know if I have this board or not.
    Cheers, Bob

In re-examining the diagram shown at http://www.kelinginc.net/KL4030wiring.pdf I notice that only two pins are used in the power block. Gnd and +5VDC. The +5VDC also is shown connected to the step and dir pins on the driver similar to Gecko 201. If the gnd terminal next to pin 17 on my board equates to gnd from rs232 plug then one of the jumpers referenced in the Kelling C10 pdf is irrelevant. The other jumper should control whether you have 5 or 13 input pins and as they are opto-isolated the only effect should be that the drivers would not respond.

BTW, I also want to drive G251 with this board. Too bad all companies don't view customer service in the same light as Gecko. But then that is the reason Gecko is a GIANT!!

I have a spare G203V, perhaps I should connect one motor thru this board using the Vampire to try my theory as the 203 will just shut down.

BTW, I also want to drive G251 with this board.
    You will want to be sure that • The common terminal to pins 2-9 can be ground or +5vdc. The board has a jumper that allows you to select if the common terminal to pins 2-9 will carry a ground or +5vdc. So if you are connecting encoders or proximity switches, you can select it to ground. If you are connecting Geckodrives or limit switches, you can set it to be +5vdc.

It says Geckodrives use +5 volt, but not the G251 - they have to be GROUND for this drive so make sure that removing one of jumpers can set it this way!
    Cheers, Bob

Mistakes happen. He offered to swap it out for you.
    I've had nothing but good support from Keling. Fast service and good quality products.
    It is a shame that they made a mistake. Now I reckon they are just human.
    He doesn't build what he sells. He is a supplier. I would suggest you make the swap if the C10 is what you were looking for. They are pretty nice BOB's. They are what I use and work as expected and hook up as anticipated, just like the documentation shows.
    Lee

The hitch is NOT with the product. It looks to be a quality item. The problem is with the DOCUMENTATION!

The product bears little resemblance to the drawings and NO BODY has yet been able to tell me what the two jumpers on this board do!!!

I've used lots of Kelling products. Power supplies, simple break out boards and steppers. I even ordered three Geckos from them. Never a glimmer of a hassle!

........till now!

Now customer service can't or won't give me any data on HOW to set the jumpers on this board nor what exactly the jumpers do. Sending the product back ISN'T the answer as I STILL need a board the does what this one is supposed to do. Opto-isolation is icing on the cake. I am, however, left to experiment to find my answers with this equipment between my computer and my new drivers.

What really burns my butt is the suggestion that I should just shut up and USE it without asking questions or getting answers. As stated above, they could take customer service and public relations lessons from Freimanis and Co. as well as product support.

Restated, the problem is PRODUCT INFORMATION!

We have very good support and excellent service from them. This breakout board works great too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobby0000 View Post
    We have very good support and excellent service from them. This breakout board works great too.

Can YOU tell me what each of those jumpers do?

Quote Originally Posted by crocky View Post
    I have ordered one of them as well, not here yet (in transit) and now you have me wondering what I have bought? I used the piccy when I purchased it to be sure of what I was getting

I guess we will know when it arrives!
    I wouldn't worry about it. John has been one of my suppliers for the last 3 years. He's very easy to work with, even to correct my mistakes. Unless, if there's a mistake, you prefer to come here and start a bashfest.

Page 1 of 4 123