586,219 active members*
3,382 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Syil Products > SyiL X4 Speed Master 24000Rpm Release
Page 1 of 2 12

SyiL X4 Speed Master 24000Rpm Release

SyiL X4 Speed Master 24000Rpm Release,More delivery and price info please consult local dealer from Syil.com
    we also will present this machine in canton fair in next month,guangzhou.China.

xushuo
    Syil.china
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails X4 Speed Master 24000rpm 1.jpg   DSC_0345.jpg   DSC_0354.jpg   DSC_0365.jpg  

DSC_0366.jpg  
    Direction,Commitment,Follow through

This looks like an interesting machine. Has anyone tried one yet? Are there any videos available?

So if my calculations are correct it'll take a 3.5 minutes to get up to full spindle speed...purely based on my SX3 experience.

It'll give you lots of time to sweep the workshop floor and such.

why would it take 3.5min my x4 reaches 3500 in max 2sec
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own. -Les opinions exprimé dans ce messages sont les mienne

Because they decided to fix the new design and conveniently brush the problems of existing SX3 based users under the carpet. Mine takes 30 seconds to reach 3000RPM regardless of what you settings you tweak in Mach.

Ultimately I will end up with a far superior motor controller, but there are times when I feel angry why we should be devoting resources to designing and building a replacement board for something that should do the job good money was paid for.

Certainly the speed management under CNC control is not fit for purpose and as such they should feel ashamed to have allowed it out of the factory. But then shame tends to take a back seat where money is concerned.

on that you are totally right and if you want my point of view it the biggest problem the chinese industry is facing
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own. -Les opinions exprimé dans ce messages sont les mienne

syil
    We velly solly- promise do better next time.

Distraction- Confusion- foul up

X4 speed master not like X3 Or X4 mill machine use pully transfer the speed.
    it is whole spindle and control by VFD.also None X4 machine have 3.5 minutes start spindle,the SX3 cnc during SIEG elecontrics problems,we hardly to fix it.

I hope they have fixed the X4+ E Stop, or it may take 3.5 mins. to stop it!!!!!!!!

Martin
    Martin

Quote Originally Posted by syil View Post
    the SX3 cnc during SIEG elecontrics problems,we hardly to fix it.
    So from that I take it that the problem with the CNC speed control is a Sieg problem? As far as I'm aware Sieg didn't produce a CNC version of the SX3 or any other model. You selected it as a platform for one of your CNC products. Therefore it is your responsibility to create a working package.

Although now with the Sieg KX3 out there, that certainly opens up new options of where to spend the money.

sieg SX3 mainboard have 3 edtion,every time not infrom us and present it.
    our CNC parts mainly it is pc interface board,funny it is some time we change another SX3,the cnc speed up faster.some of your will have long time problem.
    we try to change pc interface board,but not every time ok.also we hardly back the SX3 elecontrics to sieg during it is ok for use on manual option.

that is why we give up and stop continue SX3 cnc.and have been solve this on X4 series CNC machine..

please email to me your edtion of SIEG board,i try to find a old pc interface board to suit your SX3.email to [email protected]
    thank you for your consider,ok?

sieg SX3 mainboard have 3 edtion,every time not infrom us and present it.
    our CNC parts mainly it is pc interface board,funny it is some time we change another SX3,the cnc speed up faster.some of your will have long time problem.
    we try to change pc interface board,but not every time ok.also we hardly back the SX3 elecontrics to sieg during it is ok for use on manual option.

that is why we give up and stop continue SX3 cnc.and have been solve this on X4 series CNC machine..

please email to me your edtion of SIEG board,i try to find a old pc interface board to suit your SX3.email to [email protected]
    thank you for your consider,ok?
    ok as an owner of a X4+ i do understand that you did put some effort into the X4 serie to make it better then the previous model (SX3) but even on the X4 there is alot of bad design that should and could have been solved before putting it on the market and at minimum expense, i do understand that the mill is not as expensive as a 40000$ mill but it is also alot smaller and less capable then one wich mean that its actually a scaled down version of one, so thing like
    1- unreliable spindle speed spec should have been notice before it as been put on the market, what i mean by that machine is advertised as 100-3500 but mine stall at 180 and seem to have a hard time keeping it speed stable at anything over 3300
    2- less the well made 4th axis, i know you are probably working on getting this fix, but i doubt ill buy one from you since i allready bought one from you and it is not reliable as a 4th axis, yes i know its more of a positionning table but it is sold as a 4th axis and so it should be.
    3- travel spec, machine is sold as a cnc not a manual machine but travel spec have more to do with manual operation then cnc operation, and this i am sorry to say but it is close to false representation
    4-exterior nice, internal bad, i know one as posted about this, and i know that your ingineer as said that you are not suppose to have 100% contact on the gibs and this is true but the way the gibs are made you get at most 50% contact and not uniformly from one end of the gibs to the other creating pressure point on the gibs wich in the long run can cause premature wear of the z axis dovetail.
    5-wire shield that are just hanging there... what the point of having wire shield if its hanging there open to chip and coolant... want an example my x axis limit switch wire shield get constantly filled with coolant each time and to make mater worse if i forget to empty the shield after a job and lift it do you know where the coolant would go... in the controller box, i am sorry to say but last time i heard coolant and electronic componnent don mix well together.
    6-oh this is a good one more then unreliable front panel, i actually bought the X4+ thinking the front panel was in cnc mode able to work with mach3 but this is my mistake but honnestly it is in my point of view not worth the 1000$ difference from the X4 and dont point me at the mpg to justify the price difference first the movement of the mpg feels so bad and choopy it is really hard to use it manualy and keep a nice feed with it , also when used on a imperial machine x100 = 0.05 x10 = 0.005 and x1 = 0.0005 kinda weird and should not be like that. speed that do not match what mach3 is indicating and also cummulating error in the dro of each axis

anyway i hope you are really considering the problem that user have and are not just saying ' oh will try to fix that in the next model ' honnestly for me my only big ouch! on this machine so far have been the not conformed to spec speed and travel and the more then crappy 4th axis and i mean it, more then crappy

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Long View Post
    I hope they have fixed the X4+ E Stop, or it may take 3.5 mins. to stop it!!!!!!!!

Martin
    the front panel emergency button or the one in mach3

The one on the machine front panel.

Martin
    Martin

ok yeah i noticed that the emergency button was more of a stop button then a emergency button

Quote Originally Posted by ataxy View Post
    ok as an owner of a X4+ i do understand that you did put some effort into the X4 serie to make it better then the previous model (SX3) but even on the X4 there is alot of bad design that should and could have been solved before putting it on the market and at minimum expense, i do understand that the mill is not as expensive as a 40000$ mill but it is also alot smaller and less capable then one wich mean that its actually a scaled down version of one, so thing like
    1- unreliable spindle speed spec should have been notice before it as been put on the market, what i mean by that machine is advertised as 100-3500 but mine stall at 180 and seem to have a hard time keeping it speed stable at anything over 3300
    2- less the well made 4th axis, i know you are probably working on getting this fix, but i doubt ill buy one from you since i allready bought one from you and it is not reliable as a 4th axis, yes i know its more of a positionning table but it is sold as a 4th axis and so it should be.
    3- travel spec, machine is sold as a cnc not a manual machine but travel spec have more to do with manual operation then cnc operation, and this i am sorry to say but it is close to false representation
    4-exterior nice, internal bad, i know one as posted about this, and i know that your ingineer as said that you are not suppose to have 100% contact on the gibs and this is true but the way the gibs are made you get at most 50% contact and not uniformly from one end of the gibs to the other creating pressure point on the gibs wich in the long run can cause premature wear of the z axis dovetail.
    5-wire shield that are just hanging there... what the point of having wire shield if its hanging there open to chip and coolant... want an example my x axis limit switch wire shield get constantly filled with coolant each time and to make mater worse if i forget to empty the shield after a job and lift it do you know where the coolant would go... in the controller box, i am sorry to say but last time i heard coolant and electronic componnent don mix well together.
    6-oh this is a good one more then unreliable front panel, i actually bought the X4+ thinking the front panel was in cnc mode able to work with mach3 but this is my mistake but honnestly it is in my point of view not worth the 1000$ difference from the X4 and dont point me at the mpg to justify the price difference first the movement of the mpg feels so bad and choopy it is really hard to use it manualy and keep a nice feed with it , also when used on a imperial machine x100 = 0.05 x10 = 0.005 and x1 = 0.0005 kinda weird and should not be like that. speed that do not match what mach3 is indicating and also cummulating error in the dro of each axis

anyway i hope you are really considering the problem that user have and are not just saying ' oh will try to fix that in the next model ' honnestly for me my only big ouch! on this machine so far have been the not conformed to spec speed and travel and the more then crappy 4th axis and i mean it, more then crappy

i can understand your feeling,
    4th axis,it is in fact by a manual 4th axis,we convert it by cnc.so it is different like industry one.
    regards the gibs until right now we only face one as that customer post it.
    X4 plus front panel when we design it just want to make sure it is a connect with MACH3 in same time.mean when use MPG,the display will be same as MACH3 display. but when frist edtion coming,it is unstable,hardly in same,somtime display uncorrectly.so we have no way just cancel it.
    but we still working on it in whole year,and resently have been solve it by MPG then have same link with MACH3.
    we can not wait for everything ok then to sales.it is no end.hope you can understand.we also have plan to change old board for new update.we will talk with Dealer.ok?
    thank you for your consider.

I am looking at one of the X4 speedmasters. It will have 2 main purposes - flat engraving, and some cylindrical engraving. I may eventually do more and more machine work on it, but every part I work on is a one-off almost, so I do most of it on my Bridgeport.

The salesman that emailed me said the 4th axis would work well for engraving on cylindrical objects. The text I'm doing is 1/16" to 1/8" tall.

Would the 4th axis be acceptable for this or is there too much backlash?

i can understand your feeling,
    Thank you and i hope you can.

4th axis,it is in fact by a manual 4th axis,we convert it by cnc.so it is different like industry one.
    i understand but the addition of a better worm gear/screw and a bearing to the locknut of the axis would have i think made a tremenduous difference in the quality of it and in its usability as a forth axis, currently its more a dividing table then a 4th axis.

regards the gibs until right now we only face one as that customer post it.
    sorry go check the post again i have posted my share of a homemade solution in the post of this guy, by the way with out lapping my gibs the best i was able to get was around 0.01-0.012 with the push of a thumb on the head also the gibs was rounded all along its center.

X4 plus front panel when we design it just want to make sure it is a connect with MACH3 in same time.mean when use MPG,the display will be same as MACH3 display. but when frist edtion coming,it is unstable,hardly in same,somtime display uncorrectly.so we have no way just cancel it.
    lesson in advertising for you. i dont want to sound condescendent on this one but in the futur dont advertise a product until you are sure it is ready, if you would have done so you could have release a simple X4 with an optional mpg that can connect to a computer and then ounce the problem of the X4+ solved release it, again i dont want to sound condescendent but dont sell the bear skin before you kill it.

but we still working on it in whole year,and resently have been solve it by MPG then have same link with MACH3.
    ok i hope you will follow the lead of company like tormach who offered motor upgrade to allready owner of a tormach mill at a substantial discount, it would be trully frustrating to see that i would have to buy a new mill to solve certain deficiency in your product that i should not have in the first place.

we can not wait for everything ok then to sales.it is no end. hope you can understand. we also have plan to change old board for new update.we will talk with Dealer.ok?
    yes you can! as i said you could have release the x4 wich is allready a upgrade from the sx3 make sure the x4+ problem are ironed out and then release it, oh by the way i hope you will do the same with the soon to be release x6 and x7, the x7 is definitly nice but it does not mean it rides well so go and make sure you ride 3 or 4 of them before you put them on the market, i can see hobbie user dealing with the bug of a x4/x4+ but ounce you start to deal with machine that are mostly pointed toward the industry and commecial use you are trully dealing with people job and this can have a trully bad impact on your image, still i cant wait for the x6 and x7 release as i might be interrested in one but i wont be as polite as i am now with my x4+ if i have simliar problem.

thank you for your consider.
    no, thank you for your consideration, i am the buyer... your job is to offer me a product that is on par with what you advertise, so please consider it.

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorDave View Post
    I am looking at one of the X4 speedmasters. It will have 2 main purposes - flat engraving, and some cylindrical engraving. I may eventually do more and more machine work on it, but every part I work on is a one-off almost, so I do most of it on my Bridgeport.

The salesman that emailed me said the 4th axis would work well for engraving on cylindrical objects. The text I'm doing is 1/16" to 1/8" tall.

honestly i have a 4th axis and for know...lets just say that if i want it to run smooth i have to choice switch the motor at my expense for a stronger one or live 1-2 degree of backlash the first solution would be the best solution but i dont see why i should have to spend my money to fix a new product

You can engrave small letters on a cylinder (as long as the cylinder has a reasonably large diameter) using only x and y, The 4 axis is only used for indexing between letters.

Phil

for indexing
    Quote Originally Posted by AviatorDave View Post

Page 1 of 2 12