586,594 active members*
3,081 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Bridgeport S1 BOSS6.1 No Jog or Edit mode

I have a BP S1 with BOSS 6.1 I haven't used it for about a year. When i turned it on it would not go into edit mode and i can't move any axis.

I found that fuse 24 had blown. After replacing it I seems to blow as soon as power is turn on. Reading through the manual i'm having real problems tracing the diagrams. Inside the back panel everything seems factory standard.

I would really appreciate some advice on solving this problem. thanks

I've now figured out why fuse 24 was blowing (diode 16 across CR2). But the MDI board doesn't seem to work, won't except any input, can anyone help?

The front panel has a UFP board behind it. It is a very sensitive board. It interfaces all the panel stuff to the ZDI. I would check the logic supply. You may have a bad cable, bad ZDI or a bad UFP. Is the ERR light lit? Or all the LED on the panel?

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Thanks ever so much for the repley. I haven't had a change to look at the machine since last post. I'm not too clued up on electronics so it may take a while to go through what you've suggested.

To answer your question the ERR light is not on the only LEDS lit are the ones that light after turn on. ie X axis but not Y or Z, when I select a different axis the LED doesn't change. It's as if the key pad and switches are unplugged. The checks I have done didn't find anything obvious but I will certainly do what you've suggested.

Thanks again

My BP is dead, come pay day i'm going to retrofit

I've also got a Boss 6.1 that I've stripped the controls out of, if you want any of the old control let me know.

I'm in the UK too