586,112 active members*
3,081 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

flash cards for fanuc controls

hello,
    We have a mix of fanuc's starting from 6m , 0m, 0i ,0itb mate and 0iTc controls and we have memory space problems in the older controls

Is it possible to use flash cards in all these controls, only the 0itc control has a slot for the flash card.

Thanks in advance
    Rags

As far as I know, you can only use the card for program storage if the control has a slot on the front panel. You may want to look at drip-feeding through RS-232 for the other controls. If that isn't available (it was an option that some machine builders didn't turn on), you may need a BTR (Behind the Tape Reader) board.

thanks dcoupar,
    Ineed to store programs only, is there a method to use the flash cards in the older 6m , 0m and 0i controls where there are no flash card slots in the front.

thanks
    rags

if there is no flash card option on the machine panel, they are not supported.
    the only thing you can use is a RS232 interface to store and read the programs of a computer. you need a RS232 cable to every single machine.

or you can go for a wireless industrial RS232 system. add a piece of hardware that gives you a virutal port on your pc and you can work wireless.

you can use the Flashcards to store / read programs off, also being used for system data backup, manual guide updates, very easy.

thanks rsu,
    Iam looking for memory expansion on our 6M controller, any experience or opinion on the memory cards sold by tulip and memex, how good are they.

thanks
    rags

i always use a pmcia compact flash card reader with a compact flash card.
    depending on the machine you can use it up to 2 gb. older controls only support 32mb, make sure the cf-card is fat formatted.

be shure your i/o input is on type 4 (flash card)

thanks again rsu,
    i was referring to memory boards sold by tulip and memex for
    the 6m controllers . i need some opinion / feed back on these boards and their reliability.

Thanks
    rags

For controls 6 you can use a BTR (behind the tape reader) that way you can drip feed the program without the use of your memory space. Memory expansions are good, but never enough with very large programs.

GP.

thanks Gpena,
    We are a production job shop and our programs are not that large as compared to mold work.

If the memory expansion boards are good , we will go for them,have you used any of the brands in my earlier post.

Thanks
    rags

Memex works good, they will assist you always.

GP.