586,117 active members*
3,482 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

PLasmacutting on a FastCut CNC

Hello everyone, Just found this site and looking to have some questions answered. I'm running a 2004 FastCut CNC table woth a Hypertherm 1000 and using OneCNC Software. I'm still not completely satisfied with my cut quality or detail even though I'm getting some pretty nice stuff. I'm wondering if anyone has cut with Nitrogen instead of compressed air and if that improves the cut quality to reduce slag. Also wondering if anyone has been able to build of buy an inexpensive laser to mount on a table like this instead of a plasma torch.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireman954 View Post
    Hello everyone, Just found this site and looking to have some questions answered. I'm running a 2004 FastCut CNC table woth a Hypertherm 1000 and using OneCNC Software. I'm still not completely satisfied with my cut quality or detail even though I'm getting some pretty nice stuff. I'm wondering if anyone has cut with Nitrogen instead of compressed air and if that improves the cut quality to reduce slag. Also wondering if anyone has been able to build of buy an inexpensive laser to mount on a table like this instead of a plasma torch.
    hello fireman i just bought a 2009 fastcut 4x8 table and i use a A60 cutmaster i use sheetcam and mach3 software.as far as cut quality goes I started using a hypertherm 1250 and now the A60 and cut quality is alot better but i still get slag on the bottom it chips off real easy but it would be nice to not have it but i think there is always going to be slag havent used nitrogen yet but i still think there will be slag still and for the laser i dont have any answers on that one but am curious to find out if possible

If you have all your settings dialed in there will be no dross, or next to none, post up the settings you are using ,perhaps I could help you out.

Fireman954,

If you would provide details in regards to material type and thickness....I would be happy to help you with your settings for best cut quality. In regards to nitrogen cutting.. for cutting steel with a Hypertherm Powermax1000...air is far superior to using nitrogen due to its approximately 20% oxygen content. Air will produce cleaner, square cuts when used correctly.

Best regards, Jim Colt Hypertherm