586,108 active members*
2,986 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > CNC Machining Centers > HELP NEEDED! FANUC 6M W/O G54

HELP NEEDED! FANUC 6M W/O G54

Hi,

I'm new by this site and have some questions regarding a CNC machine, hopefully you gentleman can help me see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I am bringing back from hell and old 1980 Okuma & Howa Millac 5VA vertical machining center with a Fanuc 6M control, and after about 3 weeks of hard labor, I have it almost ready, all 3 axis move, they home, the spindle rotates, it does M19's, it even does M06's complete from its 20-tool magazine to the spindle housing, so far it obeys every given command by means of MDI.

But...I can't seem to find the G54-G59 screen anywhere, I read these G's were an option back in those years, perhaps some of you could confirm or deny this roumor. I gotta mention that when I first started working on this machine it had nothing on its memory, I loaded by hand the parameters that are written in 2 sheets of paper inside the electric cabinet, I also performed a re-initialization process for the ATC (thanks to Telly Ysker for it).

Maybe I'm still missing some parameters wich enable some special functions, I don't know.

I've been playing around with a short program that I made, without G54, but it's very complicated, here's what I do: I home all axis, use G92 to tell the machine it's X0 Y0 Z0, then I jog all axis to bring the tool very near to the workpiece and write down those positions, go back home and start the program with ...T...S...M03...G00's to near the workpiece, G01's and F's to do small moves but it's kind of difficult to do that with such large numbers instead of REAL coordinates.

I wouldn't want to drop it now that I'm so close to succeed, so, if you are able to help me, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

G54

It is an option fron Fanuc and not very expensive. I just installed this option for a customer a few months ago.

Regards

Sorry ,I thought it was a O-M, 6M not sure.