586,111 active members*
3,146 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

desktop laser cutter...where do I buy anyone help????

Hi,

I am wanting to purchase a small desktop laser cutter about 300mmx400mm poss 200x300mm for a small business that sells laser cut jewelerry and other small products...mostly acrylics. We don't have a great deal of knowledge about which models manufacturers are worth looking into. We have been tempted by getting a rabbit 3040 from china priced at around £1200 because they are the cheapest we've seen, but we are a bit hesitant as to hearing how chinese manufactured cutters are difficult to maintain if troubleshooting and the tubes run out quickly. Is this the case?? does anyone have one? any reviews..advice etc...

we are willling to invest a bit more money in a better quality machine that may be a bit more reliable, from a more reputable supplier, possible buy second hand but dont know where to start looking, or what would be a reasonable price to pay for a quality machine this size.

If anyone could help us out with some info it would be muchus appreciated!!

cheers, Jamie.

This came out recently and may be just the thing for you. I don't know anyone that has one yet, but have always found my Epilog to be a good machine with great support.

http://www.epiloglaser.com/zing_laser.htm

They have a dealer in the UK: www.identify.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by bisjoe View Post
    This came out recently and may be just the thing for you. I don't know anyone that has one yet, but have always found my Epilog to be a good machine with great support.

http://www.epiloglaser.com/zing_laser.htm

They have a dealer in the UK: www.identify.co.uk
    Any idea what price this is?

I heard that here they run about $7,500-$8,000 U.S., about half what I paid for my Epilog Legend 24tt.

Thanks bisjoe
    I'm in a similar position to the original poster and have been looking for something affordable. The Chinese lasers look a bit too complicated for a complete beginner like me so I am hoping to find something more easily maintained/supported locally.
    The smaller Versalaser model looks like something that would fit the bill (for me at least) but have no idea on the price. Probably beyond my budget!

Expect to pay $8000- 10K for a basic machine from Universal Laser or Epilog. Not hearing many good things about the Chinese machines. You will also need effective exhaust because the fumes from many of the things you will want to cut are nasty.

Epilog lasser is really good, but also too expansive.
    What kind of jewelerry you want to engrave? Can't you use other machine, like CNC engraver?
    I know a kind of machine that can engrave items like cigarette lighters, key chains, picture frames, wristwatches and other jewelry items made from gold and silver.

If it can fit for your requirements, I can give you some information.
    The quality of this small machine is 100% good, and the price is resonable.

Mandy
    MSN: [email protected]

Of course, you must meet your asks.