586,082 active members*
3,808 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: images

images

First off let me say that I am an apprentice. I am not even a toolmaker apprentice, I am an electrician apprentice that is doing a tour of duty in the toolroom. One of the journeymen here told me that a guy that has retired years back knew had to upload images on the hurco, and he has basically assigned me the task to find out to do this. Not that my job or review is on the line just something he wants to know how to do, and I guess since I am younger he thought I could figure this out. I did some google searches and I found that you can transfer images to a cad file and from a cad file to hurco somehow.

Is there a better way to do this?

I'm sure it also depends on what Hurco you have. I tried to find out what ours are, and all I could get was BMC-30, BMI, and no model number that I could find on the other one. but the serial was bf800 something if that tells you anything.

I am pretty sure he said the guy used the blue hurco to do his and that would be the BMI model number.

Thanks in advance guys,

aprentiss

I'm assuming that your talking about DXF files so you can program off the "CAD file". I do know it's possible with the Ulimax III control, but you might need a special software upgrade to do this. I'm sure if you contact your local Hurco tec., he can help you with with if no one else replies. I do recommend you looking into this feature if you have easy access to DFX files because it gives you another tool to program with and can help reduce errors by avoiding typos while programming.