586,108 active members*
3,056 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 4 of 4 234
    Just so you know....The Warthog Company is no longer around, but I am authorized to service the Warthog machines. I worked for that company for many years building and improving the machines. Now I own my own company and do build machines comparable, actually better, than the previous Warthogs. So if someone is looking for a Warthog machine, the closest thing you will find is an Eagle Eye CNC machine (www.eagleeyecnc.com). We have very reasonable prices, wonderful products, and fantastic customer service. We are currently offering IWF show specials and will work with our clients to get the most for their money.

We will not be attending the IWF show this year. This is one way we are keeping our overhead low, so that we can continue to keep our prices reasonable in this recovering economy. Plus, we already have committed this time to some of our customers, and don't want their purchases to be delayed.

I'd be happy to get anyone information on these machines.

Thanks.

Hello WartHog owners!!
    Anychance someone here knows the config of the machine as in step motor, screw angle and gear tooth count? im trying to setup my cnc but lack that information, Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Also soon ill get a Super-PID for my router. see how that works!:wee:

post a pic of the gear box,

are you wanting to set the resolution or is there a problem with the parts?
    James McGrew CAMaster 508 ATC
    www.mcgrewwoodwork.com http://dropc.am/p/EJaKyl

Sorry , was a bit busy and yes i want the resolution.Ive set it using the auto calibration in Mach3,they rpetty much in the spot, the one a little off is the Z.
    Ill get the pics this week,thou the gear is kinda hidden between 2 plates.
    Thanks.

take some pics of the machine, there is a good bit of support still available !!

Warthog full step/ half step???

Hi all...

I'm a new guy here. Have a question on half step/ full step. I recently acquired a '01 or '02 Warthog 4 x 8 router. It has Anaheim Automation Steppers and control, 34D207 steppers and a DPF72003XDS combo 3 axis controller and power supply. The setup seems to run okay. My plan is to do relief carvings, signs, and whatever.
    The hookup terminals for the 3 axes each has a terminal #8 that is labeled for hs/fs. There are no wires running to these terminals. I am assuming that the steppers are in full step mode and I would like to try half step for better resolution. My question is how??
    Am fairly new to CNC, but pretty handy and a quick learner, hopefully! Thanks for any help.

Rich in Missouri

Re: Warthog CNC Router Owners Forum

We have a wart hog machine that was recently rebuilt mechanically. Now that I am trying to bring it back online, the Spindle ejects the tool when it is told to spin.

Any thoughts? I'm utterly lost.

Daniel

Call Microsystems. 304-472-7206
    From Wikipedia - "..butter knife..any table knife designed with a dull edge and rounded point". I've never claimed to be the sharpest knife in the drawer!

Hello Everyone I just bought a used Warthog in relatively good condition. But I'm looking for the all the manuals fro the machine. Is there any way I can get them.

Thank you!

do you know when it was built, i like to find the older ones before 2005 and have some info on them, the controllers are wincnc and the manual for it is on the website, little has changed in the way of the controller basics, the machine is pretty simple,, post the mod #s on your motors and drives

Re: new b

I too picked up an older Warthog, circa 1998 according to all the stickers on Anaheim Automation DPF72003 controller box. My issue is that I didn't get the computer with it and as I have been going through it to make sure its all good I have found that that AA controller box is missing internal parts, aka the harness from the individual axis controllers to the AA2722 card. AA wants $350 plus shipping both ways to fix it. My Warthog is a 4x4 with an aluminum bed and a second layer of aluminum with channels to lock stuff down and dual X axis motors. I am on the edge of deciding whether to fix the AA controller or replace it and the steppers. I can't believe some of the back woods things done here including putting metal screws where machine screws go and some of them went into the controller cards......Any help you can provide would be great. I am attaching a picture of the beast as well.

Attachment 263966

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CnC Router on Trailer.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	86.2 KB 
ID:	263968

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CNC controller.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	92.0 KB 
ID:	263970

Page 4 of 4 234