586,119 active members*
3,424 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 4 123

Post Warthog CNC Router Owners Forum

Are there any other Warthog CNC Router owners out there?

Would like to start a forum for Warthog owners having common problems or successes with their machine.

I have seen some earlier posts about Warthog but they go back to 2006.

We have a 5 x 10 with a side-winder lathe. It is a 2007. The servo motors are by Yaskawa Electric Model SGMGH-05ACA61. Spindle is a HSD ES915A max RPM 24K.

Would like to hear from other owners about their machines.

I just joined here today to try to get some help with my cammaster router. www.camaster.com I have learned that it is the same people who used to be known as "warthog".

I learned from another forum that somebody else took over the warthog name and now bill and josh glenn are importing routers made in China, calling them camaster and marking up the price.

I dont know if you bought from the Glenns or the new person at warthog? are you having trouble too.

I have been having nothing but trouble with the router and they are no help. Do you know anything about these?I have spent alot of time on the phone and emailing with the actual manufaturer in China but they can not help much because camaster has made changes to the router.

If you think you can help me let me know a number I can reach you at? I am going to post on all the forums to try to get some help too.. Thank you for any help.

cruzan

camaster has not sold a chinese router in some time, and i speak with them daily, i have the camaster (older bill hog) and have a new one completed in georgia waiting on my new shop to be ready, possibly another two weeks, i have seen the glens go to great lengths to support thier routers and there is a support forum for us, i have a lot of respect for the warthog routers as they are well built and all older customers are well supported as well, there is one of the routers like yours under use here in sc in camden and is used daily for cabinet frabrication. i would think yours is fitted with wincnc and i have access to 40 or so guys who have the routers and are willing to help!!

glad to know you spoke upbut i do not want to hijack this thread, we have been known to help anyone who has a router problem as we are all in this together!!

jim

www.camheads.org

Warthog--CamMaster???

Evidently a lot has been going on between the old owners and the new owners of Warthog. The new owners hired a company called LA Enterprizes to do their marketing in 2006/07. That was when they had a booth at IWF in Atlanta. That is when we got our machine.

I understand that the guys from LA Enterprizes now are working with CamMaster. Looks like they are bouncing back and forth between companies?

They were at a show in Fredricksburg VA this past spring. They were demonstrating a Chinese made machine then and they made serveral sales at that show.

That's neither here nor there. I'm interested in people who have a current Warthog machine who would like to share their experiences.

Sorry this is sounding like a flame and its not meant to be! Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by cabnet636 View Post
    camaster has not sold a chinese router in some time, and i speak with them daily, i have the camaster (older bill hog) and have a new one completed in georgia waiting on my new shop to be ready, possibly another two weeks, i have seen the glens go to great lengths to support thier routers and there is a support forum for us, i have a lot of respect for the warthog routers as they are well built and all older customers are well supported as well, there is one of the routers like yours under use here in sc in camden and is used daily for cabinet frabrication. i would think yours is fitted with wincnc and i have access to 40 or so guys who have the routers and are willing to help!!

glad to know you spoke upbut i do not want to hijack this thread, we have been known to help anyone who has a router problem as we are all in this together!!

jim

www.camheads.org

thanks, there must have been some goings on between CM and WH however anything i have heard is simply hearsay as i have never spoken to the new owners and the fellows at camaster have never had a bad word to say about them either in fact the only story i was ever told was a good one about the whole bunch of them. i do know that one sr23 chinese router was taken to the fredricksburg show and went to chas sc with a camaster owner i know well, there were none sold to anyone else, the new x3 was shown and was pre sold to some one i have helped with software learning. as far as LA enterprises they are what comes up when you search for warthog cnc. i can speak with confidence they (la enterprises) are not affiliated with CAMaster.

prior to 2006 there were lots of warthogs built by the fellows in lafayette GA. i got one! and have contacted many of the owners of machines during that time i have spoken to two owners who purchased warthogs after 2006 and they were happy with there machines, it is a good design and still a good machine.

i hope your cnc experience with your cnc is a good one!! have you mastered the wincnc? what type of work do you do with your machine?

jim

Hey guys if you are having trouble with wincnc i can help. Whats your issues?

hey cnchelper.. What kind of trouble are you having with wincnc? I'm looking at two routers one runs mach and one runs wincnc..

i'm not having any trouble with wincnc....

Post 3 Phase Grounding Loops and Spurious Signals

Hi out here in Cyberland.

The saga of rewiring my Warthog CNC continues.

We tried to use the CAMSoft controller system on our Warthog without much success. It turns out we had to practically re-wire the whole system, and never did find out how to get +/- 10 VDC to the servos from their ICM 2900 modules for torque control of our servos.

So we went back to the wiring configuration originally set up by the OEM for Win CNC Control. Everything is copacetic except for a ground loop that exists between the spindle head and the frame. When we tried to use the touch tool measuring MAC , a short occurred which blew out the WINCNC7200 card. That was a $400.00 ouch!

I meticulously went through and checked every wire connection and ground, having talked extensively with the YET servo people, the Warthog people, and the Direct Logic folks. The X,Y,Z limit switches work fine because their circuits are +24V isolated ground circuits. But the Z low limit is a contact between the tip of the router bit and an insulated aluminum block that is then grounded to the frame.

When it is connected ,a spark erupts the moment the bit and the AL block touch! Also the other limit switches will not register as being closed. If I disconnect the AL pad, the other switches work fine. Have used a meter on all the circuits and get no shorts!

There is a +24V charge on the spindle head which apparently is going to ground. All of the limits (including the AL pads) are wired to a common circuit panel on the gantry.

I am now in the process of building an isolated physical contact pad to operate the lower limit instead of the electrical one. Will let you all know how this work around does, as no one seems to be able to solve the grounding short problem.

One other peculiar thing. There are occasional blips in the input screen of WIN CNC which indicates to me that there are spurious signal leaks coming from something. Also at certain, non predictable times, the X and Y axis servos seem to be fighting each other and cause the gantry to vibrate. Have checked the AMP tuning prams. They are identical! Both are rack /pinion mounted with identical gears.

Other than having to measure tool length by hand, ( we replaced the Win 7200 card) we are now back to cutting some parts after a four month ordeal. Stay tuned. The saga continues.

Hi I bought two routers from bill and josh glenn.

The fist was a SW-40 in the year 2000.
    They shipped it to me with out wiring the cable end to the controller plug and had me do it via phone. What a learning curve. It was supposed to be windows operating sys not dos. They sent me a bogus timing card that did not work for windows. To find out later that it in no way would do 500 in a min, only 350. (Under powered controller). Well I used it for 5 years and it worked ok after I debugged the Z axis with a spring.

The fool that I am bought one of the last routers they did, on EBay as new, before selling Warthog to LA Enterprises.

Here’s the **** on Bill Glenn...2005

Being excited and up all night and day preparing electrical and what not for the new 4x8 cnc.
    They delivered it in a trailer unassembled that took them all day to put together.
    Wow When I woke up the next day to play to find a total peace of ****.
    They used all used parts except for the spindle speed controller.
    But come on for the upgraded spindle that I paid for, used (not ok)
    The gantry was a 6x6x72 x1/4 spiral bent peace of ****. And not milled right at all.
    So I called them on that and the spindle. It took him over a month after repeted phone calls to send me a blank 4x6x72 x1/2 that I had to do all the milling myself. He never made good on the spindle either.
    Well after all that the Z axis had to go to for it flexed too much and jammed. I redesigned the z head with a larger ball screw and doubled the bearing load; it was probably for a smaller CNC machine.
    A three year old could have done better on the wiring to, what a joke!!! So I rewired the whole thing and got rid of almost half the wiring and that dumb junction box on top.
    Now I have a good cnc machine.

Glen I should have sued you but the hassle and lack of return from a turnip wasn't worth it.
    I could have never done to some one else what you have done to me. (Sleep well)

The fool Woody-fish

if you need help please email me.

[email protected]

Camaster really a Warthog

Hey Jim (cabnet636), I would like to know why you are saying that you bought a camaster from Bill Glenn when in fact it was a Warthog. By your own pics that you have posted you can clearly see that the machine was a Warthog and you guys took the logo off the machine and replaced it with camaster logo, then telling everybody it was a camaster and even as going as far as showing other pics of the Warthog machines to promote your camaster brand.

Also Bill didnt buy the camaster name until much later...

Thanks,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0136.JPG   IMG_0334.JPG   IMG_0691.JPG  

allen you are right, i purchased a warthog that was delivered in 99 to a signmaker in bowling green kentucky, the decision to rename it camaster was somthing i did after the camaster fellows came and changed it over to wincnc. still operates well and now that i have the x3 (and another on the way) i don't use it as much. still enjoy it though!! had an interesting lesson in mdf a week or so ago!! i would encourage any one to insure you have an fire extinguisher near your machine.

thanks for asking
    jim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_3894.JPG  
    James McGrew CAMaster 508 ATC
    www.mcgrewwoodwork.com http://dropc.am/p/EJaKyl

Warthog Not a Camaster

Jim, I find it interesting that you decided to change the name because somebody simply worked on your machine (sounds unusual). If I put a Ford emblem on a Chevy it doesnt make it a Ford; it's still a Chevy.

That's where all the confusion is coming from on these forums. You have placed videos, as well as pictures, of the Warthog machine cutting out these parts for the videos and then post it as a Camaster. Why not be honest and say that you cut these out on your Warthog Router?

That is deceiving those who really are looking for machines. This leads them to believe that a Camaster really did this work instead of the Warthog, which is not the case.

The TRUE Warthog is not affiliated at all with Camaster and is found only at www.warthogcnc.net

gee, i guess i should appoligize if that bother's you, i have a renamed boat as well! i have found and keep friends with some other older machine owners as well and we have sometimes reffered to them as "bill hogs"!! i am sure the warthogs as they are built now are still great machines i came close to purchasing one from jeremy!! i just never found the name "camhog" attractive.

added 4-8-09
    i guess i should go a little further as to why i did change the name, when i purchased it (the older machine that was not built by the current owners of warthog) i had to make a pretty quick desicion as the price was right and i had to go to ky to get it. i called warthog about helping me upfit the machine to current standards and jeremy was not available, the person i spoke with stated to me that as the machine was older and named the original builder, he then said there was no way they would help me with the machine and proceeded to give me quite a resentful rant on the phone, the negative energy was not how i intended to enter cnc, i was pretty green about this at that time, i then called the camaster fellows who were familiar with the machine i was purchasing, they were polite and had no problem helping me with the machine and my newness to cnc. on that day i had no prior relationship with any of these people except the salesmen at several company's i had gotten quotes from (including Warthog) as i was now buying a used machine that both company's knew well it was obvious were i went as a customer, (the other fellows have never said a bad word about any of this) jeremy at warthog was a good salesman and had i spoken to him on that day i would probably be a warthog customer, i am very loyal in my supplier dealing's i have purchased all of my cabinetmaking supply's and doors from the same suppliers for over 20+ years. i am the same way with my software as well (vectric, cabnetware since 97 and cabinetpartspro)

the director of the south carolina state licensing and labor board (scllr) once stated "you cannot stay in business a long time with out a bump in the road once in a while" this has been true of my business and i look for how company's handle this when i intend to do business with them. i don't really know what could cause such a long term resentment with this and it really is none of my business, i am not sure Warthog CNC is aware of these posting's but it cannot be healthy. i have helped warthog owners with pp issues, wincnc issues on several forums and it does not bother me where they get thier machine from. i do love mine (Camaster, and my 99 wartcamhogmaster) and am extremly happy with it. i hope my message comes across as one of wanting to promote cnc to all as i will not be handling plywood a whole lot longer and hope i might find a place in this wonderful and growing technology, who know's!! i do know i do not want to manufacture cnc machines as i have already been a manufacturer!! i own this machine and as far as what i wish to name it i did consider calling it "Late for dinner"

my hope is all is healthy and happy for you and yours, some one once said to me "you are a friend of mine and there is nothing you can do about that" !!

jim

Unhappy To Warthog or Not To Warthog

Hey guys, the messages about whether it is a Warthog or a Cam Master really need to be discussed by private messages, not on the forum!

What I would really like is someone to help with the grounding short problem on the tool measuring circuit. I have made a work around by using two plates of aluminum and a sheet of lexan in between. Using a radio shack mini contact switch in the sandwich, I was able to get a pretty good tool measuring device that does not short out when the tool touches the pad.

I still would like to have the original circuit work, but am afraid to try since i can't afford to be buying Win CNC cards!

Any ideas out there?

By the way I have been working with mdf for years and never had any fires with it? Knock on metal!

on one machine i have a 1/2" aluminum plate with the radio shack cord and it sits in a wood enclosure in the end rail of my machine, the other has a 1/8" piece of plexi glued to the bottom and also sit in a wood enclosure i just had to set the ini for the thickness

i agree lets warthog on this thread!!

jim

the problem is that you are applying 24volts to that touchpad and there is no 24 volts to it, the touchpad is done by breaking ground not 24volts. you have to put the wiring back the way it was. somewhere in your rewiring the machine you have crossed the ground with the 24vlts, you need to get that changed back to the ground.

there should be no voltage on the touchpad...

I got an issue.. I have bought a used one.. any one have the pdf manual? thanks|

Warthog sx100

problem with the machine or the controller?

here is the wincnc manual

http://www.warthogcnc.net/manuals/WinManual.pdf

apparently the company is closed and in bankruptcy,

jim

Page 1 of 4 123